• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Kooked at Kunanalling

A week of highs and lows (not just of the meteorological kind either), But not a bad way to end the week:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • sharkcaver
    • May 2009
    • Perth

The first vid is up:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• glsgls
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2007

nice vid shane keep up the good work cheers rob

Comment

• Pwoffey
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Adelaide

Nice work Shane, looking forward to the next installment.

BTW, looks like you have used some webbing straps to help support the LRA tank (even with the new gussets on the mounts?). Where did you attach the forward ends of the straps?
        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
          Nice work Shane, looking forward to the next installment.

BTW, looks like you have used some webbing straps to help support the LRA tank (even with the new gussets on the mounts?). Where did you attach the forward ends of the straps?
          Sorry Phil. That first section is part of my new intro - a selection of clips from older trips. The straps, The flat and Steve ascending the dune in the Great Sandy were shot on the CSR last year. Sorry for the confusion. The tank is staying in place ATM......

My Journeys

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Oh, good. Bit of a relief. I'm a belts and braces guy myself, but that seemed a bit pessimistic had the new gussets been on .
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
              Sorry Phil. That first section is part of my new intro - a selection of clips from older trips. The straps, The flat and Steve ascending the dune in the Great Sandy were shot on the CSR last year. Sorry for the confusion. The tank is staying in place ATM......
              Are the Toyo's puncturing in the tread, shoulder or sidewall ?
              Assuming the LC had AT2 10ply fitted?

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                Are the Toyo's puncturing in the tread, shoulder or sidewall ?
                Assuming the LC had AT2 10ply fitted?

OJ.

The 200 had 10ply LT toyo AT2's and had a stick (and I mean stick) poke through the sidewall. I'm over these soft as butter tyres

Might be time to ring around to see who does what in standard profile again or I'll be stuck with STZ's.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

And the 2nd half:

My Journeys

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011

The 200 had 10ply LT toyo AT2's and had a stick (and I mean stick) poke through the sidewall. I'm over these soft as butter tyres

Might be time to ring around to see who does what in standard profile again or I'll be stuck with STZ's.
                    Strongest sidewalls you can get are ATZ P3 and ST Maxx, these are identical, apparently the Kumho MT51 has the same construction in theory but I do not know if the rubbers and ply materials are the same specifications as the P3's & STM's.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Strongest sidewalls you can get are ATZ P3 and ST Maxx, these are identical, apparently the Kumho MT51 has the same construction in theory but I do not know if the rubbers and ply materials are the same specifications as the P3's & STM's.

OJ.
                      Yep, I know and I still cant get any 3 in 265 65 17

My Journeys

Comment

• BigTriangle
                        • Oct 2010
                        • Albury

I like the star trail shot, thanks dude
                        MQ Triton, Engel fridge, Ironman replacement rear bar/tow bar

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

Yep, I know and I still cant get any 3 in 265 65 17
                          ST Maxx are available in 265/65R17 standard diameter & 245/70R17 standard diameter and ok on 7.5" rims.
                          ATZ P3 in 265/70R17, plenty of people running this tyre, 26.5mm taller & 245/70R17 standard diameter.
                          MT 51 in 245/70R17 standard diameter, 275/65R17 13mm taller & 265/70R17 26.5mm taller.

OJ.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

ST Maxx are available in 265/65R17 standard diameter & 245/70R17 standard diameter and ok on 7.5" rims.
                            ATZ P3 in 265/70R17, plenty of people running this tyre, 26.5mm taller & 245/70R17 standard diameter.
                            MT 51 in 245/70R17 standard diameter, 275/65R17 13mm taller & 265/70R17 26.5mm taller.

OJ.
                            St Maxx have changed then. When I went the toyo route, they were unavailable in that size.

For me, 70 profile is out of the equation, as is any above standard rolling diameter variant - (height issues).

I have been thinking of going over to the 245/75 route due to the unavailability of the others (except st maxx now as you state). Either that or I will have to go with STZ's.

I have all my big bills out the way till xmas now and am thinking I may just look into this between now and then - But I have a few trips to plan first

My Journeys

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011

St Maxx have changed then. When I went the toyo route, they were unavailable in that size.

For me, 70 profile is out of the equation, as is any above standard rolling diameter variant - (height issues).

I have been thinking of going over to the 245/75 route due to the unavailability of the others (except st maxx now as you state). Either that or I will have to go with STZ's.

I have all my big bills out the way till xmas now and am thinking I may just look into this between now and then - But I have a few trips to plan first
                              I do not believe the STZ have the same heavy duty sidewall construction that the other 3 have. Distributors are adding new sizes all the time to what is imported into Australia, we only get limited selection of the sizes that are available from the manufacturers.

If you measure across the tread of the 265 Toyo AT2 you will most likely find the 245's in the ST Maxx and the P3 have a tread width similar or even greater than the AT2's.

OJ.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X