• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Video: Some old footage of winching on Crooked River Track

Found some old footage on the hard drive that for some reason I never got around to making a video from. This is from a trip in my previous pajero way back in 2012 that I took to introduce a friend (in the green NL) to 4WDing. Was a cracker of a trip, was before all the tracks in the Talbotville area were graded so it was actually quite challenging in parts, particularly for a first timer (pretty sure from memory about 30 seconds up his first track he was already popping wheels in the air ).

Anyway, this footage is on Crooked River Track, maybe three or four crossings away from Talbotville (near Dargo for those unfamiliar with the high country). This was very early in the season and the tracks were in pretty rough shape, this crossing in particular had some serious erosion and we were unable to drive across it.

This first video is a quick clip of my old man in his patrol trying to find another way around it (unsuccessfully) and splashing through a pretty deep section of the river.

Looking for a way around a washed out creek crossing, was deeper than it looked! This was on the Crooked River Track after coming down Bulltown Spur towards ...

With no other option other than to go back up Bulltown we decided to winch across it. Patrol went first then set up to winch us over. This video shows the two pajeros being winched across.

At the start of the 2012 4WDing season, one of the exits of the river crossings on Crooked River Track was quite washed out. Could probably have driven it wi...

EDIT: Found the original trip report thread, here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=26515
    Last edited by TC.Barky; 25-12-15, 03:55 AM. Reason: Adding trip report link
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X