• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herman4x4
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Melton, Victoria

Looks great. Rear end will now be nicely protcted.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• amr75wcr
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2009
      • Sunny Coast

Where getting there just the finishing touches and start the tyre carriers. And finally paint it all nice and white (i think).
      04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Peakhurst, Sydney

Very professional looking...!

Great job so far!
        As you didn't recess the bumper lights they look a little bit vulnerable, so are you planning to make cut-outs or make up some-thing to fit around them (military-style) for protection?

Cheers
        Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
        "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• steven
          • Dec 2009

Hey Wayne keep up the good work mate its a big challange and i look forward to seeing the end result so i can cheat of u lol.

Comment

• green monster
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Adelaide

looking good wayne,,,reckon the light could go toward each other about 100mm tho, now that the bars cut on an angle they look a bit wide, or would they be covered by the 2 spare wheels, other than that, when does it get painted up??
            and can you do me up a silver one while your at it,,
            cheers
            NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• AJC
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • ACT

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
              Well thats the end of another week end as the engineer has to go to work. Some pics of where we are upto now. Yes there is some filling todo and the lights will be cut into the rear bar as well. But all in all we are pretty happy so far. Spend to date $225.
              Bar looks good. I'm wondering if you ever saw this post...a great piece of kit, similar to the OL version. I'm also wondering when Bushskinz will make one for the NM/NP/NS/NT? I know they are fabricating a rear bar to protect the rear plastic bar from underneath, but it doesn't carry tyres.

Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• amr75wcr
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2009
                • Sunny Coast

Thanks AJC i hadn't seen the post from Malaysia but ultimatley thats sort of what where aimimg for, not sure if we will do a jerry can holder for it certainly twin tyre carriers.
                04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• CATs 4x4
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Centurion South Africa

Bit late to chip in now, but here in South Africa there is a guy that makes these up. As you can see the rear bumper is actually cut. I am not too keen on it, but is something to look at as well. A nice touch is the Hi Lift jacking points.

Also see this thread on the Pajeroclub in South Africa on rear replacement bumper ideas.
                  Since I have yet to come across someone in SA that makes a steel replacement rear bumper for the Gen 3, I will start by posting my collection of photos of such items and hopefully inspire someone to commit to making one for me or maybe direct me to s..

And here are some photos of what I have researched on the web. Some of them from this forum. Not all feature spare wheel carriers.

CATS
                  2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                  (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                  2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                  2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

• kibz
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Melb, Victoria

Well done Cat 4x4

I've been looking at these replacement bars and it's good that they are all together on the flicker file.

I'll be able to watch them again and again until i decide and get the motivation to have a go myself.
                    Cheers,
                    Paul

Comment

• Ranger J
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by CATs 4x4 View Post
                      Bit late to chip in now, but here in South Africa there is a guy that makes these up. As you can see the rear bumper is actually cut. I am not too keen on it, but is something to look at as well. A nice touch is the Hi Lift jacking points.

Also see this thread on the Pajeroclub in South Africa on rear replacement bumper ideas.
                      Since I have yet to come across someone in SA that makes a steel replacement rear bumper for the Gen 3, I will start by posting my collection of photos of such items and hopefully inspire someone to commit to making one for me or maybe direct me to s..

And here are some photos of what I have researched on the web. Some of them from this forum. Not all feature spare wheel carriers.

CATS
                      Man that is a sweet rear bar - group buy anyone?
                      NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                        looking good wayne,,,reckon the light could go toward each other about 100mm tho, now that the bars cut on an angle they look a bit wide, or would they be covered by the 2 spare wheels, other than that, when does it get painted up??
                        and can you do me up a silver one while your at it,,
                        cheers
                        Cam i spoke to the engineer and he tells me it will be a one off sorry

Comment

• green monster
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • Adelaide

oh well,, might knock one up some time myself one day,,,,
                          NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Rendrag
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • Central Coast, NSW

Any more movement on finishing this off? looking forward to seeing how the hinges are done
                            VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
                            Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
                            '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
                            '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• amr75wcr
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Sunny Coast

Posts for tyre hinges are on the bar. The hinge itself is a piece of pipe with shielded bearing fitted either end (hopefully).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by amr75wcr; 05-09-10, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• dbdb
                                • Aug 2008
                                • Adelaide Hills

I can't claim the work (except for the mudflaps) but I have finally got a replacement rear bar made.

I am pretty happy with it, the engineering looks good (to my eye anyway).

Sorry for crappy photos, camera phone job.

Richard
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by dbdb; 13-09-10, 03:32 PM. Reason: Fix pictures
                                14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
                                04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X