Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Redarc TowPro recall

Anyone else affected by the product recall for the Redarc Towpro?

Thought I was doing the right thing getting a top of the range brake controller. Followed the info on this forum and was a flawless install, albeit a PITA removing half the dash to wire up properly. Tucked the head unit in below the card holder to the steel strut in front of the gear shifter as seen on the forum. Was super happy with how it all went in.

Then I get a call from Adelaide Offroad telling me I need to take it out and check the serial number. "Are you sh**ting me?" I politely enquired.

As luck would have it, the packaging was still in the garbage bag in my shed, so I have been able to check the number from the box. And yep, when I entered the number in the search field it is part of the recall.

So yay, I get to take whole bloody dash apart again. Am interested to see how many this affects.
2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

did they tell you what the fault was?
Old 6 Days Ago

Yeah the fault is to do with the unit cutting out and not activating the trailer/van brakes. Apparently units sold Dec 18 to Jan 19 (serial numbers xxx to xxx) have a fault where they don't work if wired a certain way. Google redarc recall for details. Of course, if in the serial number range, they are being recalled regardless of how they're wired. I used the genuine EBC from Mitsi.
2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor.
Old 4 Days Ago

HarryStottle, I got mine done at TJM a few months ago. Hoping they have the details. I will need to enquire with them soon. Thanks for the headsup.