X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garc
    • May 2015
    • Perth

The rule is VSB14. Search for it, and good luck with interpretation.
    Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• Doowrag
      • Jun 2008
      • Gympie Qld

When i purchased my NT second hand the previous owner had removed the third row seats and seat belts and there is a mod plate attached to the vehicle for this, its now a five seater. I'm guessing the middle row seat/s would require the same.

I don't get it. I don't see why removing a seat needs a mod plate.

my 2c
      2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

in WA I have seen gen 3's and 4's defected for removal of the 3rd row of seats..... even though they are designed to be removed. basically for the cops if there is a seatbelt there it needs to have a seat to be "safe/roadworthy" - now this is obviously open to debate about whether its legal to remove or not and all the ins and outs but to remove them here I believe its a basic mod permit that can be done online and paid for by credit card...... no inspections needed - like fitting a pod filter...
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Garc
          • May 2015
          • Perth

VSB14 is clear that seats with a manufacturer system and instruction for removal do not need a mod cert.
          Not so clear on middle row. The wording is ambiguous but seems to indicate that “permanent” removal requires a mod cert. it actually makes no mention of temporary removal and I guess this is where the interpretation by states and officers comes in.
          Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• DT6061
            • May 2015
            • Tea Gardens

Originally posted by Garc View Post
            VSB14 is clear that seats with a manufacturer system and instruction for removal do not need a mod cert.
            Not so clear on middle row. The wording is ambiguous but seems to indicate that “permanent” removal requires a mod cert. it actually makes no mention of temporary removal and I guess this is where the interpretation by states and officers comes in.
            Good info re third row seats, a logical ruling.
            I'd be prepared to risk the consequences of taking the middle row seats out over exceeding GVM, prefer to do neither but may need to compromise at some stage but not prepared to overload. hopefully the powers to be would see the logic in that argument.
            2015 NX GLS with stuff added

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X