Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 01-12-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducknight View Post
I've already changed over the thermostat thingo about a year ago but now it won't change the temp that I set ,freezed all my cans when we went away a couple of weeks ago, I don't like frozen frothy beer,!
I get you wouldn’t want to trust it as your primary fridge anymore, but you could install an aftermarket thermostat/temperature controller for under $10 and bypass everything that is causing you issues. It’s fairly easy to do, especially if it’s based on a ‘Danfoss style’ compressor.

Here are some examples;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-24V-..._0XjCJ6TCMqF1g

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W3230-LC...A5wEU7OF3mCHzw

I installed something similar to my old fibreglass Evakool to convert it from a mechanical dial thermostat to a digital thermostat.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 02-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Man up....cut the lid off the frozen beer can and eat contents with a spoon......
Lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
I reckon that the Engel Eclipse is good value. Apparently it has the same ‘running gear’ as other Engels but has a plastic case (like Weacos, etc).

Snowys has them for $829 including a transit cover/bag and free delivery if your not near one of their stores.
https://www.snowys.com.au/mr40f-ecli...ptsCookies=yes
i bought my eclipse when i first saw them about 5-6 years ago for $700 including insulated cover. cheapest i've found lately is $799 without the cover. it hasnt missed a beat. i was also told it has all the same 'running gear' as the 40L, same basket too its just the height of the unit makes it a 38L and not 40L. i've been through a couple of batteries since owning it, originally didnt have a deep cycle but it would run all night with the solar panel topping it up during the day. the lid opens sideways but i actually prefer that, and you can swap the hinges to open from either side depending on which side of the car it on. Its my first Engel and i'm hooked
Old 03-12-18

Default Bushman Frideg

I’ve had a bushman for six years now and it hasn’t missed a beat. It lives in the back of the Paj for months at a time while we’re away, its metal casing is solid and nothing has ever failed on it. It’s continuously on Dec thru end of Jan as my overflow drinks fridge on the back patio as it provides a lovely cold beer.

I use it with the collar and blown lid which give me three useable levels, in this configuration it runs for three days off the Aux battery. I did change the cigarette plug over for an Anderson plug as I’m not a fan of the former. The thing I liked is the bloke who sells them has his mobile number on the unit with the promise that if ever it fails give him a call.

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Slide, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, home built tinny loader -More to come
Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186