Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 09-10-18

Default Auxillary Battery Options Under Bonnet

Hi all,

My Aux battery has died and i'm looking for a replacement. I'd like to go deep cycle but i'm extremely limited due to size constraints. Current battery is not deep cycle and is 230L x 170W x 185H (excluding terminals). Terminals are very close to bonnet when closed so cant go any higher.

Anyone else using this dual battery tray and found a decent battery to fit?

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...1&d=1539054350
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG4551-20181009-130116778.jpg (195.1 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG4552-20181009-13011694.jpg (193.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-10-18

you can fit a smaller (in size) optima red top at the rear, as the primary and fit a larger AGM in front position
Old 11-10-18

Unfortunately mine are wired the other way around and its too hard to change the wiring
Old 11-10-18
Valued Member

I've got an 89ah deep cycle in the aux spot which runs a fridge well, even when I have it as a freezer. It does need charging each day in that mode but my solar panels take care of that if we aren't on the move.

If you do run a deep cycle, you'll need a decent charging system to keep it topped up. The alternator on its own won't cut it.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 12-10-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I've got an 89ah deep cycle in the aux spot which runs a fridge well, even when I have it as a freezer. It does need charging each day in that mode but my solar panels take care of that if we aren't on the move.

If you do run a deep cycle, you'll need a decent charging system to keep it topped up. The alternator on its own won't cut it.
what battery is your aux please Ian
Old 12-10-18

My aux battery is an 85AH fullriver mounted up against the fire wall but rotated through 90 degrees to the orientation of yours. Fits well. Just means the stuff you have between the aux and the fender would need to get shifted. Iíll try to dig out a photo and figure out how to attach it.
Old 12-10-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowrag View Post
what battery is your aux please Ian
Sorry, it's 86ah not 89. It's an Exide Stowaway, Leisure Cycle. Model LCS24-86.

http://www.exidebatteries.co.nz/batt...cycle/LCS24-86

I like Exide because of the Aus wide warranty if it goes bung but this one is now 16 months old and been over some decent corrugations without any issue.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 16-10-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Sorry, it's 86ah not 89. It's an Exide Stowaway, Leisure Cycle. Model LCS24-86.

http://www.exidebatteries.co.nz/batt...cycle/LCS24-86

I like Exide because of the Aus wide warranty if it goes bung but this one is now 16 months old and been over some decent corrugations without any issue.
Thanks Ian, height is too much on that one
I ended up just buying a standard supercharge battery from Autobarn, similar to the one i had in it. The old one lasted just over two years with no problems. This new one has 30 month replacement warranty so we'll see how it goes. Just means i'll have to keep the solar panels handy.

Cheers.