Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 09-04-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Devil View Post
I'd be real worried if my vehicle still had the original oil in it at 55,000km
I am sure "overthehill" is referring to the auto trans fluid.

Tom
1953 Morris Minor ute
1990 Nissan Scargo van
2008 Mercedes e280 CDI sport
2003 Ford Transit
Old 09-04-18

I went through this last year, engine mounts replaced, now a different car.
2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, BFG KO all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.
Old 25-07-18

Mine has also started vibrating pretty bad at idle. In Park, Drive, Reverse doesn't seem to matter. May be coincidence but it happened on the day i got my lift kit installed a couple months ago. As soon as i drove it I noticed it. The next day i ran it out of diesel but that's another story

I now run Fuel Doctor regularly, and have since had the Intake Manifold Cleaned and Suction Control Valve Replaced with no improvement. When the revs are slightly above idle it goes away. I've been to a Diesel expert and my local mechanic with no definite solution. Gearbox was serviced (properly) by an an expert around two years ago.

I'm told the engine mounts are fluid and there is no way to check if they are stuffed without pulling them out... and obviously if you pull them out you might as well replace them...

Any other ideas before i go the Engine Mount Path? it drives me INSANE...
Old 25-07-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowrag View Post
I'm told the engine mounts are fluid and there is no way to check if they are stuffed without pulling them out... and obviously if you pull them out you might as well replace them...
I bought a wrecked NW for my Shorty project, and the engine mounts are fairly conventional metal and rubber. One was broken, and the other damaged, so I bought two replacements - through Bursons, but otherwise identical in appearance / construction to the mounts that came in the NW.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 26-07-18

Found This

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine Mount.jpg (16.5 KB, 153 views)
Old 28-07-18

Does anyone know what Idle RPM should be? My vibration may be caused by low idle. Sits around 650-700rpm.
Old 29-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowrag View Post
Mine has also started vibrating pretty bad at idle. In Park, Drive, Reverse doesn't seem to matter. May be coincidence but it happened on the day i got my lift kit installed a couple months ago. As soon as i drove it I noticed it. The next day i ran it out of diesel but that's another story

I now run Fuel Doctor regularly, and have since had the Intake Manifold Cleaned and Suction Control Valve Replaced with no improvement. When the revs are slightly above idle it goes away. I've been to a Diesel expert and my local mechanic with no definite solution. Gearbox was serviced (properly) by an an expert around two years ago.

Any other ideas before i go the Engine Mount Path? it drives me INSANE...
There is an any good mechanic will be able to do it for you, this is how they figured out mine needed replacing. First they put the engine in D and reved it, then R and reved it,
if the engine doesnít wobble around and centres straight away then they are not fully perished, the. Then they put a jack under the engine and took the pressure of the mounts, and ran the car, as there wasnít any more vibration through the car thatís when they figured the mounts were on the way out and replaced them, different car since then, but just remember the pajero is not as smooth as other modern 4wds, but it was a big big difference.
2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, BFG KO all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.