Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 21-07-18

Default 2009 NT Pajero EGR blanking kit

Hello all, this is my 1st post - let me know if you need more info.

I have a 2009 NT diesel Paj. EGR throwing codes so I removed, cleaned and re installed - it worked for a week then code came back. I am looking to remove inlet manifold, clean and blank EGR completely. I have had a look on the forum and found some info but I have a few questions:

* Where can I find a blanking plate/kit for my NT? Looked online and couldnít find anything specifically.
* Apart from cleaning intake manifold, what else would you clean as Iím guessing the carbon build up carries on?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.
Old 21-07-18

eBay for the blanking plates, but there is also a plug in harness thatíll trick the EGR into not working, or if youíre technically minded a resistor can be soldered in to do the same job.
Lots on discussion on here, just search for EGR.

If youíre taking off the intake do/get the tappets done at the same time. It might save a removal of the fuel lines down the track. I found a couple of valves tight on mine.
Instructions can be found on here for removal including a PDF (for a triton, but same same...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoom View Post
eBay for the blanking plates, but there is also a plug in harness thatíll trick the EGR into not working, or if youíre technically minded a resistor can be soldered in to do the same job.
Lots on discussion on here, just search for EGR.

If youíre taking off the intake do/get the tappets done at the same time. It might save a removal of the fuel lines down the track. I found a couple of valves tight on mine.
Instructions can be found on here for removal including a PDF (for a triton, but same same...)

Thanks for the reply doom. Wasnít aware of the harness I had seen the resistor. Will look into it. I had wondered about the blanking plates on eBay, most of them quote the triton and also donít reference the NT model. A majority of them seem to go to 2007.

So Iím still wondering about which plate to get?
Old 21-07-18

Something similar to this is quite common.
I have not used one, so canít comment on them. They do look more ďfactoryĒ than the resistor mod, and may have more smarts in them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F131937911703

The EGR operation can also be reduced during a flash tune. So if a dyno tune is on the cards this may be another option.

I have experimented with the plates. I never had a code pop up while running a full plate. If anything happened I was prepared to drill a hole in it or even remove until I found another solution.
If youíre unsure about risking the $$ on getting the wrong one you could make it yourself out of appropriate thickness sheet steel using the gasket as a template.

Lots of info and experiences in this thread.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=27400

Old 23-07-18

If you grab the SPV Industries EGR Delete it should stop the error codes. The delete does what the plate does, but you can never be 100% sure its closed unless you put the plate in.
Old 23-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowrag View Post
If you grab the SPV Industries EGR Delete it should stop the error codes. The delete does what the plate does, but you can never be 100% sure its closed unless you put the plate in.

If you also have a Scangauge/Ultragauge or similar you can monitor the EGR % continuously. Since fitting my SPV mod, the gauge always reads 0%. As other have noted before, an advantage of the SPV or Munji resistor mod is that it is removable (in seconds) in case that becomes convenient.
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, SPV EGR mod, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker
Old 24-07-18

Hey guy's, what is the code for the scanguage to monitor egr.
2011 NT Platinum, SPV egr mod, ARB Sahara bar, ARB Intensity lights, Redarc DC/DC40, Redarc Tow-Pro elite, Clearview mirrors, Uniden 8020, Pioneer AVZ-H5050BT, ARK pac 715 with 100a/hr agm, Evakool fridg, Hema HX1, Steinbauer module, M&M Lockup Mate and more.
Old 12-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwoffey View Post
If you also have a Scangauge/Ultragauge or similar you can monitor the EGR % continuously. Since fitting my SPV mod, the gauge always reads 0%. As other have noted before, an advantage of the SPV or Munji resistor mod is that it is removable (in seconds) in case that becomes convenient.
Hi mates,

is it need to disconnect the battery while installation?

grz :-)
Old 12-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1 View Post
Hey guy's, what is the code for the scanguage to monitor egr.

Checked my codes this morning

TXD 07E0012C
RXF 0441052C0000
RXD 2808
MTH 006400FF0000
name EGR

kerway
Old 12-08-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plage View Post
Hi mates,

is it need to disconnect the battery while installation?

grz :-)

No need to. Just make sure the car is turned off.They come with instructions on how to fit.
kerway