Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 14-12-16

Default 2016 GLS front lokker

Just a quick question, I am looking at a front lokker for my NX, just after some feedback on what people are running and there opinions on it. I was thinking of an Eloker as from what I heave heard is that the ARB can have issue with oil getting back up the air line.

Cheers
Old 12-01-17

No one with front lockers on here
Old 12-01-17
Valued Member

There are a few dual locked NT & NW Pajero's on the forum.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
Old 12-01-17
Valued Member

I have an eaton e locker in mine and absolutely love it! Easy to repair if it ever tore a wire and could even hardwire it to the battery if the control circuit failed me...makes the paj amazingly and scary capable!!

I got mine cheap as because i was the guinea pig for eaton to check if the triton one fit the paj

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!
Old 12-01-17
Valued Member

I know 2 chaps with gen4's and ARB lokers, they dont seem to have issues with oil but I have heard of this issue with other guys - I do believe its fixable but you have to find the right guy - my old boss had the issue with his hilux and did get it resolved in the end, but ARB were unable to help him and it was an associate who just happened to know the fix.
1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils (lovells waiting for them to sag) and 1990 Nissan Z32 300zx for on road shenanigans
Old 13-01-17
Valued Member

Go with the Elocker, just a much better concept, IMO. ARB has too many issues to deal with, seals, 100psi pressure , oil blow back etc. ARB were good in the day when they were the only thing available & we should always be grateful that they took up the challenge to develop lockers for the Pajeros when nothing was available, but the elocker is simpler design .

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/4x4-p...locker?make=57
Old 14-01-17

Thanks for the reply , I was looking at the elocker it seems a better option
Old 15-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezemover View Post
No one with front lockers on here
Yes there are

rear locker | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE
Old 15-01-17

There is a member on here by the user name reefmaster real name Steven. He has a double locked NT Exceed. Arb lockers. Did a 4wdtrip with him last year out the back of lake buffalo. Amazed how well he went. We were in a double locked patrol and he went where we did. Search his user name and send him a pm. Loves to talk 4wd.

Trevor