Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 12-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsally View Post
Hello OJ

I have been reading this thread and have had my Bilsteins with kings springs fitted now for 4 years and 130000 km. 70000 km towing and 35000 km of this on dirt. Trips to kimberly and kakadu, western queensland and gulf country.
I had my suspension checked in fear from your reports of failure and no problems with struts. Will probably look at the strut rebuild around 150000km.
The king springs have been fantastic and i have airbags in the rear also, great for towing.
Thanks Cam,

I am sure your post has given many some comfort and confidence in their Bilstein/King combination.
Some serious kms and great destinations under your belt so your suspension is well and truly used in tough touring conditions.

I have not been able to fault the ride comfort or control of the Bilsteins so I am in 2 minds whether to go back down the Bilstein path again but with King springs or try something different.

If you have a chance to send a photo of your strut at full droop without the wheel fitted that would be great, if it is too hard then don't worry.

From what I have read the cost of a rebuild is about 80% of new price and you have to be without the shockers for a week or so.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
Old 15-01-17
Valued Member

here oj i just found my stock suspension picky if it interestes you
when i was changing out to my lift

My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.
Old 15-01-17
Valued Member

Great, thanks, yes it does interest me because now I have a direct comparison to work with.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, +40mm std front Lovells, +50mm rear EHDVR Lovells, Bilsteins, Peddars 5899 bump stops, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II, torque convertor lockup indicator.
Old 16-01-17

Did you want to see what the Dobinson MRRs looked like at full droop OJ?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
| PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Cooper ST Maxx | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |
Old 16-01-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus_andyk View Post
Did you want to see what the Dobinson MRRs looked like at full droop OJ?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
Yes please,

OJ.
Old 16-01-17

Will grab a shot tomorrow night when rotating the tyres. Just the standard shots or you wanted to capture more?
| PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Cooper ST Maxx | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |
Old 16-01-17
Valued Member

I've got my standard struts still assembled in the shed if you want a close up of that OJ.
Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Bridgy D697s, catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller, In car entertainment and more.
Old 17-01-17

Hello OJ.
On another thread we were talking about brakes and I was saying I was still on the original pads at 130000km. Well I had a service last weeks as there was some shudder when braking with the camper going to Ballarat and back to Toowoomba after new year.

Mechanic said that the fronts still had about 25-30 percent left and the rear were 10 percent left. They only had to machine the discs as they were fine and new pads. Now I am booked in for a tyre rotation and balance and wheel alignment so I am going to have my suspension guys take a photo for you of the kings and bilstein shocks on the front. I have the original front and rear setups at home so will take a static photo also. As we are four years into the suspension I will get them to check that also.
2012 PB LS Auto, Cooper AT3 265/65/17, ARB bar, Redarc Dual Battery controller, Scangauge II, TPMS, King Springs 2" (200Kg rear springs), Bilstein Shocks and Air Bags, Factory tow bar, Anderson plug, Rear single draw ORS, Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks and Tracks, Uniden UHF 80 Channel, 7" Chinese GPS with OziExplorer and Hema maps, Engel fridge and ORS slide, IPF 800 HID converted Spotties, 20" Light Bar, 110lt replacement tank, Complete Campsite 2010 Exodus 11 Off Road camper