• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slyone
    • Aug 2009
    • Perth

Yeh good point.
    Last edited by Slyone; 04-03-10, 02:36 PM. Reason: Took out stupid irrelevant question
    88" Shorty, 2.5LTD, 2.5" Zorst, Snorkle, 31"s, 2.5" suspension 2" body lift, 4.5" all up 4 spottties, $2000 worth of sound gear, Factory Flares. SOOOOOLLLDD --- Build Thread

NEW 88' LWB 2.5LICTD 15psi 4.5" suspension, Snorkel, racks and bars, built in compressor, Bed, Drawers, Bull Bar, IPF Spotlights and moree to come --- Build Thread

Comment

• robbi
      • Oct 2007
      • hervey bay ,qld.

i just bolted it straight in using the cam caps that were there then adjusted the valve clearence to 10 thou
      98 intercooled turbo diesel , 4X hella spotties , alinco dr 635t uhf radio , roof mounted dvd , wish list is long ... 1st up its going to be new 16x7-,, STAMPEDE WHEELS CSA with some BF goodrich thongs ,

Comment

• Slyone
        • Aug 2009
        • Perth

Doin it next week will keep you posted
        88" Shorty, 2.5LTD, 2.5" Zorst, Snorkle, 31"s, 2.5" suspension 2" body lift, 4.5" all up 4 spottties, $2000 worth of sound gear, Factory Flares. SOOOOOLLLDD --- Build Thread

NEW 88' LWB 2.5LICTD 15psi 4.5" suspension, Snorkel, racks and bars, built in compressor, Bed, Drawers, Bull Bar, IPF Spotlights and moree to come --- Build Thread

Comment

• Slyone
          • Aug 2009
          • Perth

Did it last night and no fix yet...

I have:

checked injectors
          checked valve springs
          checked clearances
          replaced rocker shaft and arms
          oil change
          checked all bearings on the out side of the motor

any ideas?

When I top up the oil the noise goes away completely for about 15 sec....

So maybe it's somethin oil based?

Comment

• robbi
            • Oct 2007
            • hervey bay ,qld.

maybe your oil pump ? is plenty of oil getting up to the rocker gear ?i know its a messy way of seeing though i started mine with the rocker cover removed , to make sure oil was circulating ? if all that is fine maybe try letting it sit at idle speed for half an hour . thats what i did then took it for a drive and it slowly disapeared , i havent driven mine since i fixed it .. will be interesting to see if the knock comes back
            98 intercooled turbo diesel , 4X hella spotties , alinco dr 635t uhf radio , roof mounted dvd , wish list is long ... 1st up its going to be new 16x7-,, STAMPEDE WHEELS CSA with some BF goodrich thongs ,

Comment

• Slyone
              • Aug 2009
              • Perth

ok im going to keep the new arms (more power and less smoke so the old ones must have been bad anyways) change the oil and filter. and ill try letting it idle for 30min then drive it see how we go.

Comment

• robbi
                • Oct 2007
                • hervey bay ,qld.

also try holding your clutch pedal down while at idle and see if you can hear any difference

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X