• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noisy toy
    • Oct 2018
    • NQ

4g54 to 4m40

Hi all my first post! i have a 92 NH swb, petrol 2.6 4 cyl. its a bit crook, and looking at engine options. has anyone transplanted a 4m40 where a 4g54 was? thought about just fixing the 2.6 with magna head and efi, any thoughts or suggestions welcome.
    cheers!
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

The Magna engine was designed for East - West mounting, and accordingly the heads would not be directly compatible. For a start, there is a water pump on the 'rear' of the head in a Manga and the distributor is over the exhaust just near No 3 cylinder.

Comment

• noisy toy
      • Oct 2018
      • NQ

its a common conversion, the heads bolt on. relocating the throttle body is the only drama, but easy to do. water pump hole gets blocked off, dizzy is in same place. just that i have the option of a 4m40t, and wondering if they bolt in ok. thanks for the input anyway. cheers.

Comment

• Dongskie2
        • Dec 2016
        • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by noisy toy View Post
        its a common conversion, the heads bolt on. relocating the throttle body is the only drama, but easy to do. water pump hole gets blocked off, dizzy is in same place. just that i have the option of a 4m40t, and wondering if they bolt in ok. thanks for the input anyway. cheers.
        Most likely you'll custom make a motor mount relocation.

But its doable.
        Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X