• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Cheers for the ACCC

Ford Australia cop a $10,000,000 fine plus may have to refund or replace up to 10,000 cars in OZ.

The auto giant agrees to pay a record $10 million fine for unconscionable conduct after it failed to fix faulty gearboxes in more than 10,000 Australian cars and told some customers the problem was caused by their "driving style".
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Not nearly enough. Should of been 100 million and complete replacement of car or the gearbox...up to customer. This is only a case where they have been caught out. You can bet your last dollar they have done just as bad in the past. Not only Ford but all auto mobs in Oz. We are sitting ducks in a pond. Big business has always been a protected species.
    Energy companies, telcos, auto manufacturers, banks, medical/medicine providers, ...the list goes on. The value of a government is how they look after its citizens. All forms of govt in Oz are not worth a pinch of goat shit!.

The sooner the lemon laws are introduced AND ENFORCED, the better. Would rather have a VW that uses a bit more fuel than advertised than a ford that is a known piece of garbage!
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      Would rather have a VW that uses a bit more fuel than advertised than a ford that is a known piece of garbage!
      The VW issue goes beyond using a bit more fuel - but I do find it interesting that your one sentence lists the two makes I currently won't own. Even more interesting that part of Ford's "unconscionable conduct" was requiring owners to demonstrate an intermittent fault - I had the same problem with VW requiring me to demonstrate my Golf intermittently leaving me without drive.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X