• Show
Clear All
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

Grampians tracks

Hi All,

Found a few old threads on the Grampians but not too much recently. Going this weekend and looking for recommendations on some tracks. 2 Pajeros and a Jeep Wrangler, no lift kits or winch, basic recovery gear (hitch, snatch).

We will be at the lakeside caravan park near Lake Bellfield.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
    James
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
  • Calspec
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • SA

Check with local rangers as to which areas are open to 4WD's. Fires and floods over the last few years have wrecked some of the tracks and some may have not been repaired and would still be off limits.
    01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

Quite possible a lot is still closed, particularly up around Halls Gap. Area got hit hard by fires a couple of weeks ago. Ring a local ranger for up-to-date information about it.
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Axis
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2011
        • Highett Vic

Thanks for the replies.
        07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Crouchy
          • Mar 2015
          • Warrnambool

Hi all, quick thread revival: I'm interested in driving Victoria Range tk and Goat tk this weekend on my way to Halls Gap from Warrnambool (driving North). Has anybody done these lately who can provide me with a rough travel time? I'll have the family in the car so I'm conscious of timings for meals and arrival times.
          Thanks in advance
          Last edited by Crouchy; 27-04-16, 12:34 PM.
          2012 NW Platinum Edition: Graphite, 5sp Manual. EGR blank. 2" Bilstein/Lovell suspension lift. Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's. Uniden UH5060. Waeco CFX50. Kings Awning.
          Planned Mods: Underbody protection. Driving lights.
          Next: ARB Deluxe bar with Runva 11XP winch
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT...0G8TsbaysZx5tQ

Comment

• Yugi
            • Nov 2013
            • Mount Martha

Have a look at this link for road conditions. http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...oad-Report.pdf

I drove both roads last Easter and they were open. Good fun with the Vic Range Rd nice and undulating. There were some rocky parts as I think they put a grader through it. Enjoy your trip.
            2013 NW GLXR: Bushskinz all round, Rasllar Rear Bar, Tradesman RR with Drifta Rapid Wing Awning, BB & winch, snorkel, HPD FMIC, & other bits and pieces.

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Let us know how you get on, looping around the park next week. Especially interested if there's lots of traffic to slow us down, hoping to cover a lot of ground

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Crouchy
                • Mar 2015
                • Warrnambool

Originally posted by Yugi View Post
                Have a look at this link for road conditions. http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...oad-Report.pdf

I drove both roads last Easter and they were open. Good fun with the Vic Range Rd nice and undulating. There were some rocky parts as I think they put a grader through it. Enjoy your trip.
                Cheers for the link Yugi. I hadn't seen that one before. Love your work.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
                2012 NW Platinum Edition: Graphite, 5sp Manual. EGR blank. 2" Bilstein/Lovell suspension lift. Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's. Uniden UH5060. Waeco CFX50. Kings Awning.

Comment

• Crouchy
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Warrnambool

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                  Let us know how you get on, looping around the park next week. Especially interested if there's lots of traffic to slow us down, hoping to cover a lot of ground

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                  I'll let you all know what the trip was like. We've had some rain yesterday and overnight so it may make it a little slippery according to the file that Yugi provided. Have a good weekend folks.

Comment

• TristanNL
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Horsham

Originally posted by Crouchy View Post
                    I'll let you all know what the trip was like. We've had some rain yesterday and overnight so it may make it a little slippery according to the file that Yugi provided. Have a good weekend folks.

Enjoy it - the victoria range road has some good views. Last time I was through there it was all straightforward - launders track had one spot for the traction control some of it steep and rocky. Wallaby rocks road/asses ears road maybe a little rough in spots but the elevation change sets up some good views
                    2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

I'm heading to Halls Gap to drive some tracks next week. Thanks for the info here guys, we'll be taking the Vic Parks track list and see where we end up.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Crouchy
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Warrnambool

Hi all,

We did Victoria Range Tk from South to North on Friday morning. It had been drizzling all morning which unfortunately meant that the views were hindered by cloud, but the driving was fun.
                        Nothing too challenging, although the Northern end descent had some slippery sections which would add some difficulty heading up in the opposite direction.
                        We saw a few other vehicles, but it certainly wasn't busy.
                        All in all, the driving was easy with the majority completed in 4-High, with low range used for a short time to control descent speed. Terrain was mostly rock, with some clay areas, no boggy sections at all.
                        Travel time was approx 3 hrs from bitumen to bitumen.
                        Cheers

Comment

• David V
                          • Jun 2017
                          • Bendigo

Another thread revival.

Anyone been in the Grampians of late. Thinking of doing something up there these holidays. Any good tracks that don't offer up too many challenges. My wife is not a happy 4X4 passenger, but the boys love it!!!

Thanks

David.
                          Previously - 2001 NM Auto 3.5
                          Now - 2007 Toyota Kluger
                          Wanting to return to the fold 😁

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

Do Homestead track and stopat the escarpment half way up. A great medium rated drive with stunning views.
                            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X