• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outback_aussie
    • Nov 2010
    • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Internal Red Door Courtesy Lights

G'Day Guys,

As I replace all the old lights in my Pajero for LED's, I'd really like to loose the Red Lens from the door courtesy lights. Anyone know if a clear lens is available/where I can get a few?

Having a white/pure white (from LED) will make the car look more modern, especially as everything else is this colour and it will clash majorly with my plan for blue LED light strips in the footwells.

Cheers
    2002 Pajero NM GLX 3.5L Manual

ARB Bullbar - 2" Lifted HD Lovells/Billies - Driving Lights - Upgraded Headlights - Custom Storage/Bed System & Curtains - 75L Fridge/Freezer - Dual Batts - Remote Head UHF - Engine Temperature Gauge/Alarm - 2.5m Awning - Cooper 265/75R16 AT3's on 16x7 BLAACK sunny's - TJM Air Compressor - Kenwood Stereo & Sub - Factory Roof Racks & Tow Bar - and a VERY long wish list!

Coming Soon (hopefully): Winch & Snorkel
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

I believe the door light lens on the NJ Exceed is clear and should fit, i haven't tried it but they look very similar.
    Wayne
    04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

I don't think mine is unique... My NP 2006 has clear lenses... I removed the globes, didn't need the light & didn't want the potential battery drain when camping and the kids are in and out of the car etc

So, I am guessing you could just get some new NP ones from MM or go to a wrecker...

Paul.
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• amr75wcr
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Sunny Coast

Our 04 NP has red lenses on the door lights
        Wayne
        04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

So I wonder if this was a change they made from red to clear in 2006 or was mine changed to clear by the NSW Cops (former owner).....
          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• Onslow
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2007
            • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by pauld View Post
            So I wonder if this was a change they made from red to clear in 2006 or was mine changed to clear by the NSW Cops (former owner).....
            Mine's an 05 and has the clear lense.
            NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• MikeG
              • Jan 2012
              • Western Australia

My NP has clear lenses. I purchased some 10mm white (clear) and blue LED wedge globes from jaycar for $2 each. Bargain i recon. The clear LEDs for the front park lamps, Mine is a VRX with the individual lamps so it looks pretty cool at night. I am going to grab some red LED globes and put them behind the clear lenses in the doors and see how that looks.

I put the blue 10mm LED wedge bulbs in the rear number plate garnish for plate illumination but all I ended up with was a bright blue LH bumper end. The magnifier in the end of the bulb is quite strong!

Comment

• amr75wcr
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2009
                • Sunny Coast

For those that maybe interested attached is the part number of the clear lens

Wayne
                Attached Files

Comment

• cds70
                  • Feb 2011
                  • Sydeny

Looks good, how much?

Comment

• amr75wcr
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • Sunny Coast

I get mates rates but think they are about $15 each.

Wayne

Comment

• amr75wcr
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Sunny Coast

Ok pics of the left doors with red covers and the right doors with clear covers.
                      Please note the bulbs have also been replaced with LEDs
                      Wayne
                      Attached Files

Comment

• outback_aussie
                        • Nov 2010
                        • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Thanks for all the replies, I reckon I'll get the clear ones as they look bloody awesome!

Where do you get them from? Direct MM (...please no, I have heard the horror stories lol) or wreckers?

2002 Pajero NM GLX 3.5L Manual

ARB Bullbar - 2" Lifted HD Lovells/Billies - Driving Lights - Upgraded Headlights - Custom Storage/Bed System & Curtains - 75L Fridge/Freezer - Dual Batts - Remote Head UHF - Engine Temperature Gauge/Alarm - 2.5m Awning - Cooper 265/75R16 AT3's on 16x7 BLAACK sunny's - TJM Air Compressor - Kenwood Stereo & Sub - Factory Roof Racks & Tow Bar - and a VERY long wish list!

Coming Soon (hopefully): Winch & Snorkel

Comment

• amr75wcr
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • Sunny Coast

Yep MM, as they say it's not what you know but who you know
                          Wayne

Comment

• KaDWill
                            • Sep 2009
                            • Kilsyth, Melbourne

Price for Lenses

Much better price here http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...ow=1&maxRow=10
                            According to this site you pay just $5.21 per lens. Thats in US dollars on top you will have to pay postage, but you will still make a big saving.

Cheers Keith

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X