• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbruce
    Administrator
    • Sep 2019
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by pharb View Post
    due to the potential for oil dilution in the later NX models with DPF.

Please explain.
    PCOV Member 1954
    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Oil dilution during DPF burns can occur, especially if the burn is not complete and the engine is shut down. If the oil is not burnt completely, you will get seepage past the rings. The dipstick on DPF models has a Low, high and very high mark on the stick. If the oil gets to this level, it is time to change it because it has been contaminated with unburnt diesel fuel.

Comment

• Yeorgos
        • Feb 2020
        • Adelaide

Just bought from AutoPro a Nippon Max Series WZ372NM oil filter for the NX with drain plug $35 , the equivalent Ryco is a Z372 costs $55 same price as genuine Mitsubishi
        George
        2016 NX GLS Pajero
        2010 JT Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Comment

• farcanal
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Yeorgos View Post
          Just bought from AutoPro a Nippon Max Series WZ372NM oil filter for the NX with drain plug $35 , the equivalent Ryco is a Z372 costs $55 same price as genuine Mitsubishi
          For my old NP I was using a Fleetguard filter (LF3830) which had the drain plug. Cost was around $22 from Coventrys.
          I'm buying genuine for my current NX because I've been told the NX filter is slightly different than earlier models. How different I don't know.

Comment

• Ozzz
            • May 2019
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
            For my old NP I was using a Fleetguard filter (LF3830) which had the drain plug. Cost was around $22 from Coventrys.
            I'm buying genuine for my current NX because I've been told the NX filter is slightly different than earlier models. How different I don't know.
            the fuel may be dumped into engine for dpf burn. the new version filter may have better filtering ability. the pre dpf engine may not have fuel in the bay that often
            My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
              I doubt the NX oil filter would be different.

Comment

• Ozzz
                • May 2019
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                IMHO, if.there is, must be bee leg difference.
                My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Muzza
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Nsw

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post

The 3.2 diesel same filter regardless of year model, only difference the housing has been changed slightly giving the later models a angle filter.
                  Cheers

BTW same filter as 2.8 diesel
                  Muzza
                  2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
                  2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
                  2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
                    The 3.2 diesel same filter regardless of year model, only difference the housing has been changed slightly giving the later models a angle filter.
                    Cheers

BTW same filter as 2.8 diesel
                    thanks. i will stock some.Fleetguard filter (LF3830) which is half of MMAL and maybe better quality

Comment

• Yeorgos
                      • Feb 2020
                      • Adelaide

Guys check this out , it involves a current genuine Mitsubishi oil filter by Denso amongst many others , some good reading

Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain - The OFFICIAL Oil Filter Testing and Results Thread (4G63T/4B11T) - TLDR: AMSOIL filters are a top tier filter if you don't mind the cost. Royal Purple seems to be on par with the AMSOIL filters and if you can get them for cheaper, you may want to consider swapping out your AMSOIL...

As the current genuine Toyota oil filters are also made Denso and the media looks exactly the same as the Mitsubishi , below is some interesting detail reading in comparison to other oil filters

Detailed Comparison Of Toyota Tacoma Oil Filters, Including OEM Filter, Fram, MicroGard Filter, Wix, Bosch, ACDelco, SuperTech, And K And N.
                      Last edited by Yeorgos; 07-05-20, 10:05 PM.
                      George
                      2016 NX GLS Pajero
                      2010 JT Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Comment

• Ozzz
                        • May 2019
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Yeorgos View Post
                        Guys check this out , it involves a current genuine Mitsubishi oil filter by Denso amongst many others , some good reading

Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain - The OFFICIAL Oil Filter Testing and Results Thread (4G63T/4B11T) - TLDR: AMSOIL filters are a top tier filter if you don't mind the cost. Royal Purple seems to be on par with the AMSOIL filters and if you can get them for cheaper, you may want to consider swapping out your AMSOIL...

As the current genuine Toyota oil filters are also made Denso and the media looks exactly the same as the Mitsubishi , below is some interesting detail reading in comparison to other oil filters

https://parts.olathetoyota.com/tacom...ter-comparison
                        OEM for MM failed very hard

Comment

• smokey n bandit
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Newcastle

Fleetguard LF3830

Originally posted by markc View Post
                          Ill take flleetguard over ryco any day.
                          Fleetguard made by cummins are one of the largest diesel engine builders in the world. I' m more than sure they wont risk thier engines and warranties over average filters.
                          Also put in ryco z372 into fleetguards cross referance and you'll get LF3830.
                          Only difference externally between Mitsubishi old and new filter is old has a flat sealing ring and new one is an o ring type. Not sure about the internals, micron, media type or releif pressure.
                          The oil filter that Mitsubishi use is a dual combination filter meaning full flow and by-pass filter in one. The Fleetguard LF3830 is only a full flow filter not combination filter. Yes Cummins are one of the largest engine builders in the world and yes they do own Fleetguard Filters BUT they run full flow and by-pass filters on all their engines from the early C160 right through to the latest engines now some with five or six full flow and three to four by-pass filters. I have found out that Ryco Z372,
                          AC Delco ACO56 are dual combination filters. If you Google AC Delco ACO56 it shows a cross-section of the filter with the two filters in the one housing.
                          On the subject of 5W30 versus 5W40 the 5 is the grade when cold so oil gets to all the engine quick when cold and as it heats up it becomes thicker so yes 5W40 is my preferred grade when towing, 15W40 is OK but why have a thicker oil at start up.

Comment

• pharb
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by smokey n bandit View Post
                            The oil filter that Mitsubishi use is a dual combination filter meaning full flow and by-pass filter in one. The Fleetguard LF3830 is only a full flow filter not combination filter. Yes Cummins are one of the largest engine builders in the world and yes they do own Fleetguard Filters BUT they run full flow and by-pass filters on all their engines from the early C160 right through to the latest engines now some with five or six full flow and three to four by-pass filters. I have found out that Ryco Z372,
                            AC Delco ACO56 are dual combination filters. If you Google AC Delco ACO56 it shows a cross-section of the filter with the two filters in the one housing.
                            On the subject of 5W30 versus 5W40 the 5 is the grade when cold so oil gets to all the engine quick when cold and as it heats up it becomes thicker so yes 5W40 is my preferred grade when towing, 15W40 is OK but why have a thicker oil at start up.
                            Curiosity got the better of me.

Whilst in the shed yesterday arvo I grabbed a Fleetguard LF3830 off the oil drain tub (servicing my NX, and NJ, and the 3 ML Tritons of my 2 son's and my Dad there is always an LF3830, old or new, hanging around somewhere) and cut it open.

It is a combination, bypass type. Looks very similar to the AC Delco cut away filter as suggested.

Smoky n bandit, what made you think the Fleetguard was full flow, not combunation type filter?
                            PCOV Member 1107.
                            Daily driver NX GLX
                            Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                            Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                            Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Fbo974
                              • Apr 2019
                              • Reunion Island

Whats up guyz

I 've got these filters at a very good price (20€)

both is for 3.2L but do you know if there different in filtration ? 1230A154 is the newer one, but the other , can I fit it on the NS ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X