• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

Hoisting a quantity of water to a reasonable height could be a struggle for some. Using a small pulley block makes light work of it.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Bru9
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Victoria

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
      Hoisting a quantity of water to a reasonable height could be a struggle for some. Using a small pulley block makes light work of it.
      No problems for me at all as I use a 24cm high plastic fold step stand which I need regardless to get to roof rack. But yeah the taller you are the higher it needs to be. A pulley system looks too complicated, well I haven't given it much thought.
      2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

This looks good, but a bit on the expensive side. https://evershower.com/

I also recycle my shower water, but I run it through a 40 micron filter to get the larger particles out first. I like the idea on the link for recollecting the water and am going to use a similar idea inside my Joolca tent and just use a shower curtain clipped into my water tub to direct the water back into the tub.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• ilikeachallenge
          • Feb 2017
          • victoria

Hi all
          If we are doing a family trip we use an ensuite tent with a 12 volt shower and bucket.1 billy of boiling water added to a 9 litre water bucket gives me about a 5-6 minute shower at a beautiful temperature and really refreshes when your away for a few days.If I'm just doing a solo trip I just use the bucket and billy and wash inside my tent.In summer I wash in the river/ocean.
          2014 Ironbark Auto PC. TJM Bullbar and 9500 lb winch with rope,Safari snorkel,ARB bashplates,factory rear locker,BFG KO2 all terrains,custom rear storage and false floor,second row Engel 40 lt fridge mount,tint,Rasslar rock sliders,100 amp dual battery with 40 amp dcdc charger,45 cent EGR resistor mod,MM tow bar,GME 40 channel uhf with RFI antenna,I drive throttle controller,hard wired 180 lt per minute compressor,kings 2.5x3mt awning,Xray spots,OztecKings combo.

Comment

• Bru9
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Victoria

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
            This looks good, but a bit on the expensive side. https://evershower.com/

I also recycle my shower water, but I run it through a 40 micron filter to get the larger particles out first. I like the idea on the link for recollecting the water and am going to use a similar idea inside my Joolca tent and just use a shower curtain clipped into my water tub to direct the water back into the tub.
            Thanks. Man never thought of recycling, a serious thing to consider when your travelling with just 60- 80l of water. That evershower looks promising, will have to now think on this whole idea hard.

Some problems with the shower en-suite:

No roof, not wide enough for getting dressed and storing clothes. Needs poles in wind.

Problems with any joolca type setup: they go through the water so fast any tank of water will be used up in no time. There is alot of alchemy (lpg bottle, battery, keeping joolca dry) in my case.

I sill haven't come up with a quick fully external shower setup that is highly efficient and enjoyable. It would need two rooms, the 2nd for getting dressed. Those two room shower tents while cheap look like alot of setup. To much work i prefer to just use a basic gravity setup.
            2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Problems solved. His and her showers..
              Attached Files
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Phillipsart
                • May 2018
                • Bundaberg QLD

I can shower with my Joolca hot shower with less than 5 litres of water

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X