• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dirt_crunchin
    • Feb 2018
    • Adelaide

My first Pajero

Background:

On New Year’s Day I was rear-ended and my previous vehicle was written off (2008 Holden Colorado), which quickly prompted me to start looking for a new car. Initially I bought the Colorado with 230,XXX km on it and was hoping to get at least three years of use from it. After 13 months I had put over 40,000km on it myself. I decided to double my budget and get a vehicle with a lot less mileage, so I would be able to set it up and not replace for a lot longer.

That leads us to this. My new 2011 NT Pajero. I had my dad helping me out with the search for a new car and he found this one about 700km from his home. Thankfully he had to fly to the town for work, so he picked it up and drove it to his place for me. That leads to now. I returned home yesterday from driving from Emerald to Adelaide. I travelled around 3100km since Wednesday and have been thoroughly pleased with it so far. It is essentially a blank slate so I can't wait to start getting it set up as my overland vehicle.

About the vehicle:
    • 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero 30th anniversary edition
    • 110,XXX km
    • Diesel
    • Alloy bulbar
    • Airbag Man airbags in the rear
    • Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform
    • Electric brake controller
    • One previous owner
    • Full service history
    • Body work in perfect condition (until a kangaroo collided with me on Thursday morning – only slight damage caused)

Inked20180216_035205000_iOS_LI.jpg
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Nice Paj mate
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• dirt_crunchin
      • Feb 2018
      • Adelaide

Got a chance to tinker today and installed my UHF. It was a really simple job to do and really happy with how it turned out. I mounted the radio under the centre console and used an extension lead so I could mount the mic under the air vent of the left side of the steering wheel. For my antenna I went with a stubby on the roof mounted on a folding mount. When I got on bigger trips I have a longer whip.
      Attached Files

Comment

• NTBenny
        • May 2017
        • Newcastle

Nice sled. What else is planned for the mighty Paj? I've been busy modding mine since I bought it mid last year.

Benny.
        2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• dirt_crunchin
          • Feb 2018
          • Adelaide

Priority job is removing the dents from the driver door after hitting a roo.

Next mod is getting dual battery system up and running. I installed a Basha battery tray and have a Redarc BC-DC charger ready to go, just need to organise an auto elec to install it for me. Could probably do it myself, but might feel better with a professional doing it.

From there seat covers and some rear storage and water storage. Then move on to some lighting for camp and put my awning on. These ones are down the track though, currently trying to get some funds from selling canopy and drawers from my old Ute.

Comment

• dirt_crunchin
            • Feb 2018
            • Adelaide

I finally got around to doing some work on the Paj. Over the weekend I did a dual battery install and built a false floor so I could mount the fridge.

After much deliberation I eventually decided to do the battery install myself and mount it in the rear seat well instead of under the bonnet. Given that I already had an AGM battery sitting around I didn't want to buy another battery. The issue with this was that due to pre-existing wiring under the bonnet it was far too tight to fit the battery. I'm not too fussed with this as although it decreases storage space in the back it will now be easier to run wiring for accesories in the rear and I will have a lot more room under the bonnet for a catch can and secondary fuel filter.

Any more mods will be postponed for a while as I wait for more funds, but the next stage will be to do EGR delete and a catch can. I just had the 120,000km service done and was told that the next time the valves are adjusted I will need the manifold cleaned so I want to reduce the build up as much as possible.

As far as trips go in the Paj since purchasing it I have been over to Coffin Bay for a week - mostly highway - and I went for a play in Ngarkat CP as well. Looking to drive Renmark to Bordertown along the border soon for another test trip before heading to do Googs Track hopefully later in winter.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Nice job on the battery install. Catch can and egr delete are a real necessity. Possibly a 2nd fuel filter?
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• dirt_crunchin
                • Feb 2018
                • Adelaide

I headed up to the Flinders Ranges for a hiking trip last week so I figured I better at least take the Paj on the dirt and go for a drive through Bunyeroo and Brachina Gorges. I'm eager to get out for a decent trip in it now.
                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X