• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazarus
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Airbag recall done roday.
    Driver side only. I was told that passenger side only affects vehicles made 2012 or before .... something like that, I was not paying attention as soon as I realised my car is not affected. My car is MY14.

Few months back I received advisory letter, first one. Did not get second letter as I asked the dealer to change the airbag on the recent service few days ago. They did not have any that day, but booked me in for today.

Also got left hand side rear wheel bearing replaced under warranty. It was making whining noise at speeds 55-60km/h.

Interesting note, after MM service guys tested the bearing (I don't know what is the process for that), after I got the car, the noise was radiating as it was coming from the front (that is at speeds around 100km/h), I was convinced something else is not right at the front.
    After they changed the rear wheel bearing that noise stopped as well.

All sorted now.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 24-05-17, 11:50 AM.
    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• starjunk
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2011
      • Sydney

Drivers side was done by previous owner, but I still haven't received notification of the passenger side one from MM. Should I be concerned? I did register my address with MM against the Vin when I took ownership of my NS a few months back.
      '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
      '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
      '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
      '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Pusspuss5
        • Aug 2014
        • Thomastown, Victoria

Dropped off car for service this morning and they had the airbag/s down for the recall, no letter to say parts are in but not fussed with this as recall is being done... hopefully
        2014 NW VRX Di-D Auto 3.2 Cool Silver, SPVi MK3.1, IC/Sump Bushskinz, Internal LEDs, Donaldson aux filter kit #P903316, ScanGauge 11, GME TX3100 compact PnP CB radio, NW Foot rest, Mini 0806 dash-cam, Twin 6B&S Power to the rear, Century N70ZZLX MF battery

Comment

• starjunk
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2011
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Pusspuss5 View Post
          Dropped off car for service this morning and they had the airbag/s down for the recall, no letter to say parts are in but not fussed with this as recall is being done... hopefully
          Thanks - good to know. Might have to ring them. Don't get my NS serviced at MM generally.
          '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
          '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
          '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
          '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

I got home tonight and there was a recall letter in the box for my NW airbag recall. I'll have to chase the local dealer now to see when they can do it.

Comment

• erad
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Cooma NSW

I got home tonight and there was a recall letter in the box for my MY 2013 NW airbag recall. I'll have to chase the local dealer now to see when they can do it.

Comment

• RobFrance
                • May 2011

Recall all done, got the clockspring fixed at the same time for nil labour cost which was OK. but $400 for a part that is already sounding dodgy is very dicky.

Comment

• PradoEater
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Oatley

Originally posted by RobFrance View Post
                  Recall all done, got the clockspring fixed at the same time for nil labour cost which was OK. but $400 for a part that is already sounding dodgy is very dicky.
                  What is clockspring?
                  NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                  Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• RobFrance
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by PradoEater View Post
                    What is clockspring?
                    Connects most of the push button controls on the steering wheel to the rest of the car - just a bunch of slip rings and sliding contacts

R

Comment

• PradoEater
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • Oatley

Thanks one learns something new every day
                      NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                      Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by RobFrance View Post
                        Connects most of the push button controls on the steering wheel to the rest of the car - just a bunch of slip rings and sliding contacts

R
                        I don't know about the pictured clock-spring, but when mine disassembled it contained a length of flexible flat cable wrapped around multiple times,. and doubled back in the middle. Not the slip rings and contacts I was expecting.

A bit like this one:
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• MARKx4
                          • Dec 2015
                          • Penrith

I rang my local Mitsubishi dealer for the airbag replacement and they said they have a 6 week wait to fit me in and want the car for the whole day , guess I'm going to ring around other dealers to see who can fit me in.

Comment

• kerway
                            • Aug 2010
                            • North West Sydney

Originally posted by MARKx4 View Post
                            I rang my local Mitsubishi dealer for the airbag replacement and they said they have a 6 week wait to fit me in and want the car for the whole day , guess I'm going to ring around other dealers to see who can fit me in.
                            Don't waste your time ringing Castle Hill. I booked in a 4 weeks ago and they were not taking bookings before 18th July then.
                            NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• MARKx4
                              • Dec 2015
                              • Penrith

Originally posted by kerway View Post
                              Don't waste your time ringing Castle Hill. I booked in a 4 weeks ago and they were not taking bookings before 18th July then.
                              Thank you, I live in Penrith so i was thinking Parramatta or Blue Mountains.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X