• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikleod
    • Mar 2012
    • Singleton, NSW

MUT 3 or MUT III

Has anyone purchased a MUT 3 off eBay & does it work. Need to get limp mode codes & sick of paying $90 every time I try to get them from Mitsubishi. Cheers
    Mitsubishi Challenger PB 2011, Safari snorkel, ARB bull bar, Warn 9000lb winch, 5w UHF radio, Poly air bags, old man emu shocks, springs, 2" lift, ARB under body protection plates, 3" exhaust, Pedal torque, Steinbauer chip, 2nd battery, White Shark light bar, Diff breathers, rear Kaymar bar, 115L Longranger fuel tank, catch can & 2nd fuel filter.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Nikleod View Post
    Has anyone purchased a MUT 3 off eBay & does it work. Need to get limp mode codes & sick of paying $90 every time I try to get them from Mitsubishi. Cheers
    Isn't it a much cheaper way to go buy a OBDII dongle ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Nikleod
      • Mar 2012
      • Singleton, NSW

Normal OBD2 scanners won’t work as Challengers use a different program that plug into the OBD2 port.
      Mitsubishi Challenger PB 2011, Safari snorkel, ARB bull bar, Warn 9000lb winch, 5w UHF radio, Poly air bags, old man emu shocks, springs, 2" lift, ARB under body protection plates, 3" exhaust, Pedal torque, Steinbauer chip, 2nd battery, White Shark light bar, Diff breathers, rear Kaymar bar, 115L Longranger fuel tank, catch can & 2nd fuel filter.

Comment

• Martynhpajero
        • Jan 2011
        • Mount Gambier

I have used a cheap eBay OBD2 dongle to clear faults on my 2015 PC challenger.

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk
        NJ Exceed, Alloy bullbar, factory locker,ORU 9000lb winch, eBay snorkle,31" AT's
        NL GLS 2.8, PC Challenger auto for the wife.

Comment

• Nikleod
          • Mar 2012
          • Singleton, NSW

Thanks, I have got a cheap little scanner that will clear the error codes but won't tell me what the codes are, also the cheap scanner won't clear the SRS codes.

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

Thanks, I have got a cheap little scanner that will clear the error codes but won't tell me what the codes are, also the cheap scanner won't clear the SRS codes.
            If you've got SRS issues it may be the loom that's the problem. A known issue.
            Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Both Scangauge II and Ultragauge MX1.3 can read and clear fault codes, also you get the added bonus of monitoring a range of parameters through the OBD 2 port.

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Nikleod
                • Mar 2012
                • Singleton, NSW

Thanks Old Jack. I will check them out. Which loom are you talking about. Every time it gets scanned it’s different codes & it can take months after a reset before they come back on. Weird. Very weird.

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Thanks Old Jack. I will check them out. Which loom are you talking about. Every time it gets scanned it’s different codes & it can take months after a reset before they come back on. Weird. Very weird.
                  There a multiple looms in the SRS system and these where supplied by different manufacturers and the connectivity between each loom plug is occasionally slightly less than 100%. The SRS ECU continually monitors the continuity/circuit resistance of the SRS system and if the ECU detects a very slight increase in circuit resistance it generates a fault code. These fault codes occur intermitantly and are very difficult to eliminate, I have had my Challenger back to MM 3 times for various loom changes before the problem was resolved. What I have not been able to determine is that if the SRS warning light is illuminated then will the SRS system function correctly in an accident, my thinking is yes if the fault that triggered the SRS warning light is an intermitant fault and not a complete circuit break.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Stoneman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Melbourne

if your in limp mode these cheap dongles getting mentioned wont help you

there are other scan tools available that someone may direct you to but im not going down that track again with the usual members, if you wish to pm me i would be happy to give you a link to a scan tool that works very well. SRS codes included.
                    Answer to your question though, yes the mut 3 from ebay works and works very well

most people you will find that knock them have no experience at all with them.
                    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• erad
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Cooma NSW

Old Jack wrote: "Both Scangauge II and Ultragauge MX1.3 can read and clear fault codes, also you get the added bonus of monitoring a range of parameters through the OBD 2 port."

Certainly the Scangauge seems only to monitor the engine ECU. Other ECU's such as the ABS, SRS etc don't seem to come up. I bought an iCarsoft and it apparently has the ability to read and clear codes from the above ECU's. I say apparently, because my transfer case brought up codes (mismatched wheel sizes front to rear). The local dealer could find no codes (so he said), but the iCarsoft did find them. Problem is that my unit won't clear them. The Icarsoft man is sending me another unit to try, so I will keep you updated on that.

The iCarsoft unit is quite large and could not be used as I use my Scangauge ie as a permanent engine monitor. I use the Scangauge to monitor engine Cooling Water, Air Inlet temperature, Volts and most importantly, Boost. My car is a manual transmission, but if I had an auto, I would program the Scangauge to monitor transmission temperatures. The Ultragauge has up to 8 parameters to monitor and it also has an audible alarm, and if I was buying a new unit I would probably go down that path.

Comment

• PeePee
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2012
                        • Brisbane

I had an ultra gauge em plus for a while but it kept disconnecting all the time and the engine light would come on from time to time, so I ditched it. I have a redarc gauge that monitors the boost, egr tempts and also water temp, that’s enough for me.
                        MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• Stoneman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Melbourne

I love how everyone goes off topic

Comment

• Stoneman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by erad View Post
                            Old Jack wrote: "Both Scangauge II and Ultragauge MX1.3 can read and clear fault codes, also you get the added bonus of monitoring a range of parameters through the OBD 2 port."

Certainly the Scangauge seems only to monitor the engine ECU. Other ECU's such as the ABS, SRS etc don't seem to come up. I bought an iCarsoft and it apparently has the ability to read and clear codes from the above ECU's. I say apparently, because my transfer case brought up codes (mismatched wheel sizes front to rear). The local dealer could find no codes (so he said), but the iCarsoft did find them. Problem is that my unit won't clear them. The Icarsoft man is sending me another unit to try, so I will keep you updated on that.

The iCarsoft unit is quite large and could not be used as I use my Scangauge ie as a permanent engine monitor. I use the Scangauge to monitor engine Cooling Water, Air Inlet temperature, Volts and most importantly, Boost. My car is a manual transmission, but if I had an auto, I would program the Scangauge to monitor transmission temperatures. The Ultragauge has up to 8 parameters to monitor and it also has an audible alarm, and if I was buying a new unit I would probably go down that path.

what ever mysterious problems you are having is not with the scan tool its most likely you!

The icarsoft works perfect, It wont clear a code that hasnt been fixed!! Do you not understand how to diagnose a car?

No scanner,code reader, Mut 3 will clear anything is you dont fix the problem! Stop posting crap about the scan tools you know nothing about.

Icarsoft scanner your trying to discredit for what ever reason is a fantastic tool for the "knowledgeable DIY" mechanic.

its strange you dont talk about any issues or particular codes, rather you just expect a scan tool to fix it

Comment

• erad
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Cooma NSW

Stoneman: Normally, I would ignore your comments but I have fixed the problem with the transfer case codes. It was different sized tyres, and they are now all the same brand/size tyres. In any event, I was not even driving the car when I tried to clear the codes. At least the codes should clear and if the problem is not rectified it will come back as a code. Whatever, you are pissed off. I am merely trying to relate my experience with Scangauge and iCarsoft. I am not running iCarsoft down - in fact at this stage they are bending over backwards to help me.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X