• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njowner
    • Jul 2015
    • south australia

Strange indication

Pushing my 18MY 2L ASX through the hills this morning, 3 degrees outside, sweeping round a downhill bend, foot off the accelerator suddenly an audible double beep and centre instruments went amber, stayed like that for 2 - 3 seconds then back to normal red display, engine didn't miss a beat.

Anyone experienced this before ?
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

I have not heard of this before, but since it was 3 Degrees C, maybe it was the ice alert coming on? We get a beep and a little snowflake appears somewhere on the dashboard, but the instrument display remains normal.

Comment

• njowner
      • Jul 2015
      • south australia

Interesting, have to look into that one. Initially wondered if there was throttle ice, not sure if the MAF picks up on that.

Comment

• NWDarwin
        • Jun 2018
        • Canberra

I’m tipping ice alarm. Comes up between the taco and speedo when outside temp is 3 degrees or less.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by NWDarwin View Post
          I’m tipping ice alarm. Comes up between the taco and speedo when outside temp is 3 degrees or less.
          & then what happens? -3 isnt thats unusual? out of interest?
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• NWDarwin
            • Jun 2018
            • Canberra

Stays on for a couple of seconds or so then disappears. Says something along the lines of “possible ice conditions” or something like that and has a pretty snowflake. Comes on at 3 degrees not -3.

Comment

• njowner
              • Jul 2015
              • south australia

Originally posted by NWDarwin View Post
              Okay, makes sense but I was pretty busy concentrating on the winding road so didn't observe any icons, just out the corner of my eye noticed the display colour change and associated audio double beep.

Have looked in the owners handbook and no mention of ice warning feature on this car

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Just about every modern car has the Ice warning feature now. Below is what it might have looked like.
                Attached Files
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

We had out Outlander for about 2 weeks and we had to go to Melbourne. End of January - hot. On the way home, got to Nimmitabel and it was dark. Next thing, BEEP BEEP. What the hell? This little snowflake appeared. We stopped the car and looked up the book, lest it be something serious. Then I remembered reading about the ice alert. But this was the middle of summer.... Even so, it was less than 3 Deg C outside and the alarm came on. It goes off at 4 Deg C.
                  Last edited by erad; 16-08-19, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X