• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryv
    • Jul 2014
    • Albury

Drawers for an NS

Hello learned people,

I'm chasing drawers for my LWB NS. Had a quote from Get Off Road here in Wodonga but they've unfortunately been unable to supply them and have instead quoted me ARB drawers for an extra $230... so I'm on the hunt.

Any suggestions? I want drawers, fridge slide and cargo barrier. Get Off Road have a good and fairly well priced cargo barrier but as I'm experiencing sadness with their customer service I'm happy to look elsewhere.

Thanks!

~ryv~
    2007 NS GLX Pajero with a few bits and bobs - now off to a new home after the DPF killed it

Check out the blog: http://dejero.wordpress.com
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

Have you looked at the ORS drawers? They have a aluminium range which are about a 1/3 lighter but still rated to the same capacity. They also do slides and cargo barriers...

Ironman also have a brand new range which apparently has improved on their previous models.
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• ryv
      • Jul 2014
      • Albury

Yeah I'm looking into the Ironman stuff a bit more (which Get Off Road sell). I'll look at the ORS drawers too. Thanks!
      2007 NS GLX Pajero with a few bits and bobs - now off to a new home after the DPF killed it

Comment

• ticky
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Have you looked into the 4x4 Supastore. I thought they looked ok but I am not in the market so to be honest, I havent looked into them very much, just browsing realy. Also I saw some at Bunnings the other day. Once again, I was only walking past but they looked ok

Steve
        2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• ryv
          • Jul 2014
          • Albury

Hi Steve - had a bit of a look, but they're all quite long. There's only 800mm back there and I couldn't see on 4WD Supastore ones that short. Thanks for the weigh in

Comment

• Poita
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2010
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by ryv View Post
            Yeah I'm looking into the Ironman stuff a bit more (which Get Off Road sell). I'll look at the ORS drawers too. Thanks!
            Yeah I liked that as with the aluminium, they are so much lighter than a full MDF set, which when kids and all the associated 'stuff' that comes with them is taken into account, every weight saving counts towards a legal GVM!
            NW VRX MY2013
            Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Jimboy
              • May 2015
              • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

I'm still slowly going through the evaluation/research phase myself for rear storage options for my NW.

Been looking at the ORS 2 drawer unit and their platform as well. Also looking at the Drifta units. Really like the space saving and weight reduction
              of the Drifta units that use teflon slides.

Still mulling over the many options and trying to be careful to avoid any caveats. I feel that using the spare seat well for water tank is good place to
              start from as its probably the best use of that space. Seen some great installs on here with included pumps/taps etc.

Then for me its either side by side drawers with a drop fridge slide on top, or 2 medium drawers next to an ORS or IRS fridge slide. I'm leaning heavily
              towards the flat top option as its more versatile when not touring ie most of the time for me.

This is the Pajero package...includes our most popular drawer system and features, and is specially designed to fit and work in this truck. Cargo barriers and fridge slides also available... Price Includes: 2 drawer with table unit Side wing KIT All installation hardware Cut outs in the base for access…

Any opinions, especially firsthand observations very welcome

Cheers,
              Jim.
              4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

I built my own drawers, but if I ever change them, it will be for the ORS aluminum drawers with two drawers stacked on top of each other with the fridge on a standard slide next to it.
                My current MSA Drop slide weighs 30 kg alone, add another 6 or 7 for my fridge cage and 69 kg for my drawer system and its well over 100kgs with nothing in the drawers.
                Most of the commercial steel drawer systems will be in excess of 75kg and every kilo counts when you start piling on the mods. The ORS aluminum drawers are expensive, but they are a quality unit.
                2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• ryv
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Albury

Thanks for the info people. I appreciate that. The great search continues.... Get OffRoad have chased around for me and the ARB drawers are 850mm - which seems a bit long for the back of the old girl. They had a bit more of a think and rang me back again (kudos to them for trying to improve customer service) and have 700mm drawers made by the guys who used to do the Black Widow draw system. They have a slam shut thing, no carpet inside but are all heavy duty and full on. Also quite a bit cheaper so I'll nip over and have a look. Thanks again gang!

~ryv~

Comment

• gunsrunner
                    • May 2008
                    • Perth

I have seen a draw system that was, 2 draws flat side by side, but one draw could be used as a fridge slide.
                    The top folded up to become a divider when the fridge was in, or top laying flat when used as a draw.
                    Can't find pic at the moment but thought it was a great idea.
                    MY14 VRX 3.2D Auto|OL Premium post bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Int/Sump | Rhino platform 42102B | 2.5x2.1 Oztrail | HD Parkside Hitch | Grande 17x8 | 697 A/T 265/65R17LT | Flexitank 140L | Primus 92L DZone | Rhino Luggage bag | Maxtrax | 10.1" tablet | Redarc SBI12, BCDC1240LV, TowPro | Century N70T | Fullriver DC105-12 | 120w Light bar | 7"HID 100w | CAT3 ERP | ARB CKMA12 | Alpine MRVT1000, MRVF540 | MBQuart DSC216 x 2 | Alpine SWR-1221 x2 | Enough cable, switches to run a city

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • doncaster east vic

Aussie owned and made custom 4x4 drawer systems. Established in 2011. Full Boar Fourbie Drawers located in Victoria's South Gippsland region and we freight Australia wide. Systems are suitible for touring, trade and offroad vehicles. Our 4x4 rear drawers are made custom size to suit each vehicle to maximum storage and have zero wasted space!

They will courier them as well
                      Back from the Dark side
                      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • Wellington,New Zealand

i really like the drifta set up esp the wee table as well
                        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Pwoffey
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Adelaide

Yes, the Drifta stuff is great . After the steering wheel, that table is about the most used thing in my Paj.

Note however that ryv wanted a cargo barrier as well. When I got my Drifta setup (side by side drawers with nifty table) they had a half cargo barrier to fit some Toyotas and Patrols, but didn't have one to fit with the Drifta setup in the Paj. No doubt something could be done to fit, but if you go the Drifta direction best check with the boys in Gloucester as to what is now available or compatible.
                          BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• ryv
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Albury

That drifta stuff looks pretty good. I'll spend a bit of time investigating that!

Thanks guys :-)

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

I'm looking around at the moment too. I like the table option at Drifta but the set from Best offroad in Dandenong also looks good and they are cheaper all up because I'm in Melbourne, they will fit them. I'm trying to work around the best option which i think is 2 drawers. The fridge could sit on top but best Offroad have an option to fit it in one of the drawers when you don't need that extra space and when the fridge is out, there's a panel to go over the top so it's like a normal 2 drawer flat top unit again.

it's bloody confusing with so many options.
                              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X