• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterdeg
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • NW Sydney

Originally posted by Just Cruzin View Post
    Come on Admin this is still going on. Even when you ignore the warning it only works for a few days and then pops up again. An update on whats going on occasionally wouldn't go astray.
    Well, the current cert expires in June, so something will have to be done by then ;-)
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Skexis
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2012
      • Adelaide

Yeah I keep getting this as well.
      "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

We git it once last week for the first and so far only time.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Its got me stuffed whats going on...I have 2 laptops and one desktop pc. All run Firefox, I.E and Chrome....ALL WITH LATEST UPDATES. I have Kaspersky internet security and Kaspersky safe connection (VPN). Never had an issue with this site or any others. All 3 computers run all 3 windows 10 Pro systems.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pushbike
            • Jun 2017
            • Sydney

Symantic security

It seems that the inability of some forum members to access the site using Firefox has been met with indifference by the website manager(s). My first post on this subject was 14/12/2018.

Maybe a poll of members should be taken to determine the number affected by this issue.

The following link explains Firefox security certificate policy.

Maybe the website manager(s) could give us some feedback. e.g."get stuffed we're not going to fix it" or something like "this our problem and this etc etc is what we're doing". Called FEEDBACK.
            Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
            Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by Pushbike View Post
              It seems that the inability of some forum members to access the site using Firefox has been met with indifference by the website manager(s). My first post on this subject was 14/12/2018.

Maybe a poll of members should be taken to determine the number affected by this issue.

The following link explains Firefox security certificate policy.

Maybe the website manager(s) could give us some feedback. e.g."get stuffed we're not going to fix it" or something like "this our problem and this etc etc is what we're doing". Called FEEDBACK.
              I'm not sure a poll is necessary I think we can comfortably say most people are having the alerts come up.

You can rest assured it's annoying the admin team as well. Having said that the forum is a free service and realistically it's just a couple clicks to bypass which you are obviously aware of as you're still able to post

If you look back through the thread you'll see it's being looked at but it's not proving straightforward for whatever reason.

If you're able to provide help or advice, feel free to offer but in the meantime you'll have to be patient, apologies for the inconvenience.
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2014
                • Pakenham

Come on Admin this is still going on. Even when you ignore the warning it only works for a few days and then pops up again. An update on whats going on occasionally wouldn't go astray.
                I asked for some feedback 3 weeks ago and this is the first reply. COMMUNICATION.
                99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• TC.Barky
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Melbourne

I asked for some feedback 3 weeks ago and this is the first reply. COMMUNICATION.
                  Rest assured there will be an update when there is one. There has been a statement from the admin team about where it's at and as far as I'm aware there has been no changes.
                  MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                  Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Since July 2018, Google has been marking sites without SSL Certificates and non HTTPS as not secure. And on October 16, 2018, Google Chrome blocked all old Symantec-issued SSL certificates - including Thawte, GeoTrust, and RapidSSL - due to non-compliance with industry-standard guidelines. Following the update, all websites with these certificates are also marked unsafe for visitors.

Well aware of the certificate issue, costs associated with the issue of the certificate so it has to go to committee for approval then get on to our webmaster to apply to forum. apologies for it taking so long but it is ongoing.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • Pakenham

Thank you, that's all we've been asking for with an occasional update.

Comment

• abstruseness
                        • Oct 2012
                        • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Hi Moderators,

If cost is an issue you could try using Let’s Encrypt - https://letsencrypt.org/
                        Free certs trusted by all the major browsers.
                        A little different to the normal setup, but set and forget once it is.
                        Just my 2c.

Cheers,
                        Tim
                        NT MY11 30yr, Auto

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Well a new certificate has been issued
                          Hopefully no more issues.
                          Admin
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Pakenham

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            Well a new certificate has been issued
                            Hopefully no more issues.
                            Admin
                            That would explain why I had dramas this morning. site would not allow me access even to the home page or log in page. Cleared cache, cookies and pass words, reset my password and bingo, all back to normal with no more site unsafe warning.

Comment

• psproule
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Googong, NSW

Thanks Dave. All good here now on Chrome.

Appreciate the work you do for this forum mate. 10+ years of running it! And it's the best run forum around.

Pat
                              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Pickle
                                Administrator
                                • Jun 2007
                                • All over Oz

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                                Thanks Dave. All good here now on Chrome.

. 10+ years of running it! And it's the best run forum around.

Pat
                                Thanks Pat, about 13 years now looking after it .
                                Dave
                                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X