• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveH
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • sydney

Catch Can

Has anyone put a catch can on their diesel? Though my NT has only done 21000kms I noticed there was a build up of engine gunk on the inside of the tube from the air filter to the turbo, Not wanting to eventually clog the intercooler I thought a catch can might be the way to go but I cannot see a good spot to locate it that is not over the turbo itself.

I have an automatic and TJM snorkle. The windsceen washer bottle would have been a good spot but it is taken.

Thoughts and if possible a photo would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, David
    2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

Comment

• Davie
      • Mar 2011
      • Scotland

Hi mate, this is how I fitted mine

I don't have a snorkel, but can't be that much of a difference.
      2003 DID Shogun, 10mm Alloy bash plates, OME suspension, sliders, Set of BFG AT 265x70x16 & 235x70x16 Insa Special Track Extreme muds.

Comment

• awill4wd
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2008
        • Pakenham, Melbourne

I built my own and it works a very well.
        I've got a small ball valve on the drain outlet with and extension tube so I can drain it when I remember to.
        It does pick up the oil just as it's designed to do.
        Regards Andrew.

2019 MR Triton bog stock at the moment but that will change.

Comment

• rdog
          • Aug 2008
          • mt crosby qld

Oil catch can.

I have fitted a Pro Vent 200 to my NT diesel, mounted on front of the air filter housing near the right head light. its a black plastic can with a filtration system
          in side, it looks like its part of the original engine fit up.
          NT GL DID auto, king springs,Bilstein front shocks, duel battery system, Mitsubishi
          steel bar, rhino rack roof rack insert,side steps, milford cargo barrier
          Gme 3200 Uhf ,Bridgestone D694 LT tires
          with 2 spares.
          removed the dpf. 2.5 inch Mandrell bent exhaust with
          high flow cat converter.

Comment

• DaveH
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2010
            • sydney

Thanks for the pictures Andrew. Where you put the catch can is just the spot where the windscreen washer bottle is located if you have a snorkle. Might try and see what I can do to move things around in this area. Your pictures have given me an idea.

Davie, thanks for your pics but my second battery is located here. Guess I have too much under the bonnet. Regards David
            Last edited by DaveH; 20-12-11, 07:17 AM.
            2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X