X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boganracing
    • Aug 2010
    • regents park

thanks guys im in qld too, well it sounds like maxxis are pretty good so might try them, might have to do a off road run right be for and after i get the tyres so compare, i usually go to the pine forest near logan village anyone been there before?

Comment

• ngwagon
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • mt evelyn

I have a mate that's the manager of a tyre place and he says they sell a few sets of buck shots about 240 a tyre.

Comment

• boganracing
        • Aug 2010
        • regents park

was looking at dads gq today and its got 275/70r16s on it and they look pretty big how would they go on my car?

Comment

• Badman60
          • Sep 2010
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by boganracing View Post
          was looking at dads gq today and its got 275/70r16s on it and they look pretty big how would they go on my car?
          275/70R16 pretty much equates to a 31.1x10.8x16, still going to be smaller than the 32x11.5x15's and roughly equivalent to the 31x10.5x15, just on a 16 inch rim. Don't think it'd be a problem mate, just can't say I've seen this size myself, not sure if it'd be a common size.

Personally I'd be sticking to the more common sizes, will work out to be cheaper and more readily available.

If ya keen thou, just give em a test when the old man's not around, he might not notice you've done the swap
          2.5L of inducted fury - Go the Mighty Paj!

Comment

• boganracing
            • Aug 2010
            • regents park

haha i was thinking that lol, im getting a set of 31x10.5's pirelli scorpion at's off a mate for cheap as he just got 33's so going to try them untill the wallet is full enough for some muds. has anyone had anything to do with the pirelli scorpions?

Comment

• eyeballgummy
              • Feb 2009
              • In The Bush Somewhere

Buy 33" tyres!

Get 33" tyres! Nothing under 33" is worth it offroad. I have run 33" 285/75/16 STT's for 2 years. 33" BFG 15" 1.5 years before that. Have rear leaf 2" suspension lift and used 0 offset sunraysia's and I get no scrub whatsoever unless on full lock and on uneven ground, which is rare. Standard Pajero Gen 1 is 22mm offset, but the zero work fine. Have done alot of touring in my TDI 89 turbowagon from Vic high country to Bamaga across the overland. I cut the bumpstop rubbers by nearly half, to 3mm height above the retaining bolts to be exact, cranked the torsion bars to almost max to even out the body height and I only have some of the plastic at the top of the inner guards worn down as damage. My 2" bodylift will cure that soon.

From standard 29"tyres, bottom end power is about 1/4 slower at takeoff, hardly noticible and a small price to pay. The topend although lower revs now sets off the relief valve in 5th more easy. You get to learn the throttle from experiance. Braking needs to be more heavy about 1/4- 1/3 more but they still lockup in the dry.

I stay in 4th if towing unless travelling downhill then maybe 5th, and also 4th traveling under 80 kms. 2 gearbox rebuilds in 5 years is a disapointment losing 2nd gear syncro 1st time and 5th altogether towing my tinny 3500kms.

I have always double clutched and done the above since the 2nd rebuild and its still going sweet after 1.5 years.

Off road I have not had a hill I couldnt climb except by loss of traction.

35's wouldn't be worth it unless you have 120Hp min, and minimum 2" body and 2" suspension lift and 4 wheel disc brakes

Buy 33" Muds you wont regret it!

Comment

• socal1200r
                • Jan 2011
                • California and Virginia, USA

I went with 16x7 Tacoma steelies and 265/70 Sumitomo ATs. The tires are just a tad under 31" in overall diameter, so they're comparable to a 31x10.50x15. I got the tires new from a dealer, who was promoting a "buy three get one free" on these Sumitomos, so I figured what the heck, it's a good looking tire and a LOT cheaper than the standard BFG ATs. Here's the setup on my '89, no lift, and the wheels/tires fit great under the fenders, and the factory splash guards cover them perfectly:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X