• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
    I'd like to get out that way one day.... Great pics!

You should have detoured via Karachi for some fishing!!
    Yeah I should have swung by, but I wasn't trip leader on this one. I need to go back again, sing out when you are free.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

When am I free? Whenever I like! That's the beauty of doing the roster! Well... Within reason of course...
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Due to picture quantity, I've split the report in two. Part one ready to roll.

August 29th -  September 7th. Due to the picture heavy nature of this trip, I have decided to split it into two parts. The first being the...
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Another awesome report Shane! Thoroughly enjoyable read.
          LOL at the Dalaranga crater, we called in there last year on our cross country trip after seeing a spot on the map that simply said "Meteorite Crater” we had visions of some Wolfe Creek style crater, only to find it is actually Australia's smallest confirmed meteorite crater! Underwhelming to say the least.

Looking forward to the 2nd part of the trip report
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Well 7 weeks after the fact, I can finally give you part II. Enjoy!

August 29- September 7. Marble Bar van park was a bit of an ordinary affair. But to be fair, it was very, very quiet, the toilets flushed...

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Good read.

Marble bar, half cut? Noooo surely not! Haha
              '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
              Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

I think you spend nearly as much time writing the trip reports as you do on the actual trips Just read the second half, another great read!
                2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  I think you spend nearly as much time writing the trip reports as you do on the actual trips Just read the second half, another great read!
                  I think you are right. Cheers Steve.

BTW, my blog has hit 50,000 views since I published part II. 40,000 of them are probably mine , but it shows me someone must be reading them and just maybe its worthwhile after all
                  Last edited by sharkcaver; 27-10-15, 11:48 AM.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                    I think you are right. Cheers Steve.

BTW, my blog has hit 50,000 views since I published part II. 40,000 of them are probably mine , but it shows me someone must be reading them and just maybe its worthwhile after all

As you would well know, there is quite some effort that goes into getting a good trip report up and it's not always easy to find the time to do it. We shot over 300gb of video in Vietnam on a bike ride from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi and the amount of time taken to edit the footage and post it up has turned me off ever buying a GoPro! Which reminds me, I never did finish the last 3 videos of that ride about 3 years ago
                    Appreciate the efforts, it's always good to have some reference for places that are on the cards for a visit.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

For that reason alone, I too have resisted the GoPro. They can be great to watch, but just too time consuming for me. I have enough trouble with photo's alone. As it is, Part II has taken me 7 weeks to get published. Glad to hear my efforts are not in vain.

My Journeys

Comment

• Naviguesser
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Crib Point Vic

Great blog.
                        I love reading about others travels. Great information for future trips.
                        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                        TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                        Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• cannonsjs
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Melbourne

Another great read!

I've probably read most of your reports so even if there isn't always a comment left it's still appreciated.
                          2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
                          2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Thanks guy's. Appreciated.

My Journeys

Comment

• Rovingman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Blue mountains

Awesome read would love to hit the west. One day ill manage it.
                              Pajero NT RX 2011
                              Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                              LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• caroma
                                • May 2012
                                • WA - Pilbara

29 years in Karratha and i've never been out that way before :P
                                Great photos, will have to take the family one day.
                                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X