Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 15-06-14

Default Dealer servicing or not?

Hi again,

Just picked up our new NW VRX and was wondering if I could get some feedback weather or not to go with genuine dealer servicing and repairs.

I am a qualified mechanic and I have facilities that I can use to do the servicing including getting the book stamped so I am just trying to weigh up the cost versus advantage of the warranty/ roadside assistance etc.

Would love to hear your stories

Thanks again

Craig and Liz
Old 15-06-14
Valued Member

No warranty issue. as long as stamped.

Road assist just get RACV ect.

Michael.
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.
Old 15-06-14
Banned

Do you think your a better mechanic than the guys at the dealership?
Do you think you would be much more particular than the guys at MM ?
Do you think you would save $40 by disposing of a few rags in your bin instead of a environmental charge ?
Do you think 1/2 a bottle of Bars Bugs in your washer tank will cost less than $20 ?
Do you think you peace of mind doing you own service is worth it
Do you think your skills as a mechaanic are better than those of road side assistance (God I hope so)

Whats your answer ?

Last edited by Gus; 15-06-14 at 09:46 AM. Reason: PM Sent..
Old 15-06-14

I don't trust dealership mechanics with checking the tyre pressures let alone anything mechanical. The only problem is if you do need warranty work a Dealer will be doing it. I would be in the workshop watching the entire job if it ever happens.

Last edited by Gus; 15-06-14 at 03:21 PM. Reason: PM sent
Old 15-06-14
Valued Member

any one is a better mech than some dealer hacks.

Mind you I do know of plenty of non dealer hacks as well.

just choose who does your work, to take note of what they do, and find someone you trust to do the work.
2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Last edited by HSV Rangie; 15-06-14 at 11:39 AM.
Old 15-06-14
Banned

Your post is about to be censored
Old 15-06-14
Administrator

Ok lets just be mindful that it's fine if you don't use a dealership but the Admin Team will not allow posts that throw all into 1 basket that goes for any trade or Franchise business for 1 it's unfair & I'm sure you would agree if I or anyone on here started bagging all teachers, plumbers or salesman throwing them in 1 basket..

And bottom line more than a few on here get their Warranty work done at Dealerships & are happy to do so!

Gus
On behalf of the Admin Team.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 15-06-14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Your post is about to be censored
Frog not amused mate! All that was changed was 1 word & a polite PM with reason! Explaining why.

Gus.

PS. Another PM waiting Frog!

How to get Forum Decals
Old 15-06-14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker77 View Post
Hi again,

Just picked up our new NW VRX and was wondering if I could get some feedback weather or not to go with genuine dealer servicing and repairs.

I am a qualified mechanic and I have facilities that I can use to do the servicing including getting the book stamped so I am just trying to weigh up the cost versus advantage of the warranty/ roadside assistance etc.

Would love to hear your stories

Thanks again

Craig and Liz
To answer your question Craig & Liz, being a qualified mechanic if I was you I'd be doing my own service the savings will easy pay for RACV Total Care.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals
Old 15-06-14
Valued Member

As a general comment on warranty and servicing at the dealer.

If the dealer knows the car and is servicing all the time they will be more inclined to push through a minor warranty claim that is borderline. even with the bigger claims they will tend to go the extra yard.

If you only turn up for warranty work and they get no service work out of you, whats it it for them to push the manufacturer on a warranty claim?

Try putting yourself in their shoes.

Joe blow off the street has a failed CV joint. He has a lift and the dealer has never seen him before. Mate you have modified your car from standard. Sorry warranty claim will not get through as it is modified.
You can argue and escalate etc and it may eventually get through after a lot of heartache.

Versus

Hi regular customer. So you've got a problem with your CV joint. We know your vehicle is lifted, but we see the car all the time and know you look after it properly. We will punch that through on warranty, no problem.

See the difference.

While not in the car industry I was Service Manager in an equipment dealership for 10+ years. It is easy to go the extra yard for your regular service customers as you will continue to get their business.
Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club