Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 20-04-08

Default Liquid Injection - who knows about it?

Hi

I am hoping to get some feedback. I am associated with a group that will be introducing a new Australian designed LPG system to Australia and hope to get some feedback that will help understand our marketing needs

As my avatar indicates I run a NM on LPG. The installed system is a ?mixer? system which is the typical type of system prior to Sequential Vapour Injection which is becoming more common.

There is a new system just coming into the local market although it has been in Europe for some time and is known as Liquid Injection. Basically rather than the LPG being converted to gas it remains in pressurised liquid form. The existing injectors are replaced with application specific ones.

Some of the advantages of the liquid injection are:

Power typically shows a 10% increase over the same engine running on petrol

Torque increased by around a 10% from the same motor using petrol particularly at low rpm

Economy - the distance travelled per litre of LPG can equal the same motor on petrol. Typically distance travelled per litre is within 5% of petrol systems

No converter there is no vaporiser to freeze the moisture present in the LPG and thus no freezing.

Driveability enhanced with backfires eliminated and smoother driving than on petrol

No petrol needed can be run as a duel fuel system but does not need to be it does not start on petrol and then switch to LPG. It starts on LPG. The petrol tank can be removed and the space utilized for either an additional LPG tank. The system accommodates dual tanks.

Price EXPECTED TO BE SAME AS THE SEQUENTIAL SYSTEMS

Can you let me know if you have heard of liquid injection systems etc.

thanks
Spen
Old 21-04-08

There is this company was looking at them ages ago but havent seen anything evolve.. http://www.lpgli.com/
Are you the same person who posted on ls1.com.au?

Regards
Old 21-04-08

No I have not posted on the other forum.

LPGWarehouse (i am not assocaited with them) in Melboure are also commencing liquid injection it may have been them as they have put a posting on the Ford Forum.

From the number of views against the postings I get the impression that there is very little general knowledge about liquid injection.

cheers
spen
Old 21-04-08
Valued Member

Hi

I remember seeing a guy on the TV show the New Inventors over a year ago who was promoting an injection system that used oem injectors and computer GTI Stealth or something....Is this you?

Cheers Glenn
Old 21-04-08

This should be a who is thread or who are you thread lol... The guy your refering to has a surname of cambell from what i remember he was at the motor show a couple of years ago when i went. Nice setup i remember asking him a few questions about it. He had a hsv converted at the time. Last i recall he was chasing funding to kick start it havent heard anything since.

Here is the link to his site. http://www.gas-injection.com/

regards

Last edited by wrexed03; 21-04-08 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Provided link
Old 21-04-08
Valued Member

Wrexed

Yer, thats the guy i was thinking of, wonder if he changed his intake manifold for an alloy one on that HSV. Those plastic ones arent so good on LPG when they backfire.
Old 21-04-08

The manifold should survive even though its plastic with this system or a sequential system. If its the old style well you would be lucky if it didnt crack after an explosion aka backfire.

Regards