Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers

Camping /Caravan Parks/ Campers It's all about the great outdoors. What you have and where you stayed.

Old 25-07-17
Valued Member

Default Very lite & strong tarps?

I have tried the grey/black heavy duty tarps with the super tough d rings, but the tarps are just way too heavy. I have also tried the 'medium duty' blue tarps & while the fabric is lite & strong enough, the eyelets start wearing the surrounding tarp.

Those blue tarps should have D rings with extra fabric to reinforce.

Looking for anything that is lite as the blue tarps you see in bunnings, BCF etc but with tough lasting eyelets & surrounding fabric next to the eyelets.

I did try & glue the tarp together to make my own reinforcement but nothing seems to stick the material together.

thanks
Old 25-07-17
Valued Member

I use moroka30 flys and swear by them

https://www.moroka30.com.au/flys-c-12/?pg=categories
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.
Old 26-07-17

I carry a Wilderness equipment ultralight overhang tarp, lots of pocketed, built-in guys, and properly sewn in attachment points.

http://wildernessequipment.com.au/pr...weight%20Tarps

My best tarps are cuben fibre / Dyneema - ultralight and strong - some from Z-packs - http://www.zpacks.com/shelter/tarps.shtml , but lots of sources