• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johndavis125262
    • Apr 2013
    • brisbane

tap in to 12v in centre floor console 2013 pb

hi guys girls i have seen it here before just cant find it now what i want to do is tap in to 12 v in the floor console between the seats in the little box it looks like a ciggy plug would go there and thats what i want to do but idont know where to look for the wires i have read and seen pics so can anybody help with pics or point where this is mine is a base model regards john
  • Tombo89
    • Feb 2013
    • Sydney

Originally posted by johndavis125262 View Post
    hi guys girls i have seen it here before just cant find it now what i want to do is tap in to 12 v in the floor console between the seats in the little box it looks like a ciggy plug would go there and thats what i want to do but idont know where to look for the wires i have read and seen pics so can anybody help with pics or point where this is mine is a base model regards john
    Hey mate you will need to lift out the cup holder in the centre console using a flat head screw driver to get under the edges of it. You will see some wiring underneath running along towards the rear of the car. You may need to do some digging around under the little piece of carpet and foam there but you should be able to find a wire with a free L shaped plug on it. From memory it is a blue wire and a black wire but i will double check this for you shortly and post a pick.
    NOW : 2012 JKU WRANGLER

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN : 2012 PB Challenger LS Auto - M/T ATZ P3 285/70/17, Black factory alloys, Xrox sliders, Xrox bullbar, FYRLYT's, Aurora 30" lightbar, Runva 11xp winch, Ultimate suspension lift & brake upgrade, Airtec snorkel, Bushskinz, ORS drawers, Redarc DBS with solar, UHF, SPV EGR mod, Rhino pioneer platform, 3.15 reduction gears, Wholesale autos hd nomad valve body..

Comment

• johndavis125262
      • Apr 2013
      • brisbane

Thanks tombo appreciate it regards john

Comment

• Lakey
        • Apr 2012
        • Brisbane

Yeah, mine was sitting just under the caver as described. Others have had to dig around under the matting etc and down the side of the console. wires are live and ready to go (with ignition on anyway).

Recently got a price on genuine socket and wiring so I could just plug N play. Socket itself was not too bad at arount $35 I think, Narva etc ones are a similar price from memory. The little length of wire with the connectors however were about $50 or more I think it was I was quoted so I said no thanks. I'll just splice in to the originals.
        Cheers
        Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

Due to the upward slant of the socket, it's a good idea to keep the socket capped or plugged when not in use - in case a conductive item (eg a coin) falls inside and blows a fuse.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• johndavis125262
            • Apr 2013
            • brisbane

thanks guys couldnt find it the must of hidden it really good after the new looms.anyhow i just ran a wire back up to the cig plug all good thanks for your help regards john

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X