• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arpencrous
    • Dec 2013
    • Central Queensland

Noise from front passenger door on NW

There is a slight vibrating noise coming from the front passenger door.
    I have stripped the door paneling, found nothing.
    Had a look at the tightness when closed against the latch and door rubbers, all good.
    Any ideas what else could be the cause?
    It is driving the missus mad when we travel unless the radio is turned up.
    Last edited by arpencrous; 08-02-14, 01:55 PM. Reason: NW instead of MW
    Pete
    NW VRX MY14, Ironbark, MMA weather-shields, MMA rubber mats and cargo liner, SUPERTRIM neoprene seat covers, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ARB Intensity LED Driving Lights, WARN Magnum 10000LBS Winch, OME 2" Lift,
    Lots more to be added...
  • Uncle Fester
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Boambee East NSW

Is it coming from the mirror maybe?
    NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

• arpencrous
      • Dec 2013
      • Central Queensland

Hi Uncle Fester
      Yes could be, I have been zoning in on specifics. Need to look at the bigger picture.
      Thanks
      Pete
      NW VRX MY14, Ironbark, MMA weather-shields, MMA rubber mats and cargo liner, SUPERTRIM neoprene seat covers, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar, ARB Intensity LED Driving Lights, WARN Magnum 10000LBS Winch, OME 2" Lift,
      Lots more to be added...

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Originally posted by arpencrous View Post
        Had a look at the tightness when closed against the latch and door rubbers, all good.
        No offence but when I read this all I could think of was that old super cheap auto ad where the guy pulls the whole dash apart for it only to be the light bulb in the ash tray

I too have a rattle in my NT passenger door but it's when I have the stereo turned up a little. I've replaced the speakers and checked everything but obviously not well enough.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• dolphin
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008

you need to do the elimination process. drive the car and have the passenger open the door slightly. try window down and then up , next tape up the outer rear view mirror and listen.
          NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Everyone's squeak/vibration/clatter may be different but FWIW my new NW had an really irritating noise coming from the front driver's door (localised below window sill but above arm rest - I took particular care in localising the noise as it's really easy to get sounds being referred/echoed around a car's interior). Window up or down, didn't matter. Sometimes could stop or start the sound by pressure on door panel, but not always. Asked MM dealer to fix it at the 1500 km initial service. "We fixed it" they claimed. Next day had to leave on 3000km round trip up to NSW. Vibration all the way . By Wagga, partner wanted to trade Paj in on a Goggomobile. Took a recording of the noise on my iPhone. When I got back to Adelaide, took it into MM dealer again. Played the recording. I describe the sound as an infinite number of thumb tacks being dropped in rapid succession onto a sheet of glass or metal, or perhaps a cat rapidly drumming its claws on glass. Not too loud, but soooo persistent. Anyway, dealer took off the inside door panel. No cats or thumb tacks. Tightened everything. Service guys took it out on a test drive. Still the sound. They then re-lubricated anything that moved, including the window guides. I didn't get to see exactly what they did, but it worked (so far). From past experience I know dealers hate cars with feral noises, but if your car is under warranty then persist.

Good luck

Phil
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
              • Mar 2010
              • Geelong

Originally posted by arpencrous View Post
              Check the fitting of your weathershields? If not fitted correctly they could vibrate.

Just gonna be a process of elimination.

Good luck with it.
              2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
              Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• Troy711
                Valued Member
                • May 2013
                • Canberra

My drivers side air vent has a squeak, maybe have a look around that area.

Comment

• arpencrous
                  • Dec 2013
                  • Central Queensland

I am tempted to buy stethoscope to get to it. But 1st to check the mirror and wheather shield tomorrow, and then on to the air vent and door paneling again.
                  Thanks for all the feedback and ideas.
                  Pete
                  Lots more to be added...

Comment

• arpencrous
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Central Queensland

[QUOTE=grhyso;350778]No offence but when I read this all I could think of was that old super cheap auto ad where the guy pulls the whole dash apart for it only to be the light bulb in the ash tray

I have done that to an old ute I bought, needed some TLC, found over $12 of change, keys and chewed bubble gum
                    Attached Files
                    Pete
                    Lots more to be added...

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Brisbane

I spent ages chasing a vibration in the passengers door in a commodore. It only happened at speed. Turned out that the mud flap was loose. Had the exact same problem 2 years later in a falcon.
                      2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• rotor138
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Adelaide

I've got a rattle in my NW passenger door as well. Also the drivers armrest doesn't sit flush to the door at the top. Was going to wait till the 15000 service but that is nearly 10000k away. Might have to just take it in next time I'm home.

Comment

• arpencrous
                          • Dec 2013
                          • Central Queensland

Well I had some time today to strip the door trimming off again. I covered all the screw heads that hold sections off the trimming ( on the reverse side) onto the main door trimming with single sided foam insulation used for window insulation.
                          Problem solved and noise gone.
                          Pete
                          Lots more to be added...

Comment

• anhie
                            • Jan 2013
                            • brisbane

I currently have the same problem . Been back to the dealers 5 times and had to make a complaint to Mitsubishi Australia as the dealer decided to modify my door trim.

Will let you know of the outcome
                            Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                            Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

• anhie
                              • Jan 2013
                              • brisbane

Hi I have the same problem that come and goes like Pwoffey described. Dealers have told me rattles warranty are only up to 1500 km. I have discussed this with mits Australia and they concur. The noise is driving me up the wall !. I am happy to pay for someone to look at it only if they know what they are doing. Every mits dealer i take the car too pull the door apart and tightens up things. Anyone else got this issue and can help ?
                              Iron Bark MY13 VRX NW Pajero 4WD Newbie.
                              Ultimate suspension 2 inch lift, ARB Bull Bar, ARB High Intensity lights,Air Tech Snorkel, Rhino Roof platform, Mickey Thompson STZ, Clarion DVD Screen,Waeco CFX 50 Fridge ,UltraGuage EM Plus, MM towbar,Bush Skinz Under Body Protection, Electronic Rust Protection and a few other bits and pieces.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X