• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

I work in a hospital. Lots of bad smells there! The cleaners use a odour neutralising spray on everything. I could swipe a bottle if you want it give it a shot?
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      IIRC, mythbusters couldn't rid the smell of a pig carcass locked in a car for 3 months.......
      Coincidentally, this news-item appeared on the Fairfax News SMH website this morning (Thurs); http://www.smh.com.au/world/panic-as...314-2g363.html
      Don't think I'll buy any food products from China any time in the near future!!!
      BTW, who drew the short-straw to open the car? One job Buster couldn't be roped into doing!
      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• Lurch
        • Jan 2012
        • WA

You need some stuff called Florogen. made by Whiteleys.
        Product is an odour remover and not just a masking agent and works pretty good but that is a big job you have there.
        I did a job a few years back where a guy had died in a house and wasnt found for a few days, I have never smelt anything like it but liberal doses of Florogen with plenty of fresh air helped remove it.
        As others have said, clean the site of any leakage, use a heap of bi carb or cooking salt (only on dry surfaces) to soak the residue from the fabric/carpet and treat with Florogen and plenty of fresh air, that is about your only hope i reckon.
        Statewide Cleaning Supplies run a pretty sharp online ordering system so I would give them a go for the florogen.
        www.statewideclean.com.au

I hope this helps you out a little bit.

Comment

• bigchris.nk.pajero
          • Mar 2013
          • mirboo north

smelly car

Hi mate im chris im a owner/operator of a mobile car detailing buisiness
          (pristine vehicle detailing). As a few of the guys have sed u will need to remove
          all seats,carpets,carpet underlay and boot matt.
          U'l want a concentrated citrus cleaner/degreaser,make a really strong mix
          (around 5-10litres total) give everything a real good soak,use all of it on everything
          just make sure its bio-degradable p.h neutral and amonia free(that will.discolour)
          Leave to soak in for aday or better for2,then basicly flush it out with a hose
          realy well. Then prop /hang evrything out of the sun todry for another day or so.
          (its better if u can have them so all the water drains to 1coner of each item)
          And another (hopefully last part). Make up a realy good strong mix of
          About 50-100ml eucalyptus oil and same of tea tree oil to 10litres of water
          mix it well and use the entire mix over all ur carpets,seats,underlay & boot matt.
          Once all this mix is thru everything just let it dry in shade agen this will take a bit
          longer to dry due to the oils.
          Once dry and re-asembled place a couple of open containers of bi-carb thru ur car.

Comment

• Dazza.
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2009
            • Northern Territory

I honestly can't see the smell being 100% completely removed.

I'd personally be speaking with my insurance company. I recently saw a fully written off FG XR6 Turbo falcon that was being pulled apart at a wreckers. No physical damage at all. Turns out some bloke gassed himself in it and wasn't found for a week or so - written off due to the smell.
            COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Hamish3300
              • May 2013
              • Hamilton, Victoria

Have had a similar issue with vehicles I have bought second hand - one was sold because of a similar smell - funny how cheap you can get them when this is the case.......

Anyway the cure is simple but long winded - a COMPLETE interior strip which includes all seats, trim, carpets, headliner....... everything except the glass and wiring. Then spray with undiluted liquid laundry detergent (plain lable is fine) and pressure wash the entire shell and ALL of the fittings including seats, carpets - yes they will be fine. Dry in the sun or shade (except leather) and refit when everything is fully dry. Smell will be gone and it will be the best 3-4 days you spend on a vehicle as it will be as clean and sweet smelling as when it left the factory.

A long winded fix but it works.
              98 NL GLS - ARB compressor, LED conversion on all interior lights, GME UHF, Pioneer SD Stereo, Alloy bull bar, 13,500lb winch, Dual Batt, switch and outlet panel in place of useless centre pod, rear drawers

Under construction - GQ coils

Comment

• johnno87
                • Apr 2012
                • perth

I know its a long shot but there are these interior deodorising 'bombs' that you can buy you set em off in the car with all the windows up and aircon running flat out. I've used them a few times on some pretty rank smelling cars and they seem to work pretty well.

Made by Auto Glym I think
                99 nl v6 auto - Up and running take II

And the mods have begun

Yokohama Geolander A/Ts
                Sony Mechless Mp3 Tuner
                Custom cargo barrier

Comment

• bigdog1
                  • Mar 2012
                  • gleninns nsw Australia

bad smell

put a apple in truck when bad put another in

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

Would a pear work as well?
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• dhula
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • South of Perth

Originally posted by bigdog1 View Post
                      put a apple in truck when bad put another in
                      Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                      Would a pear work as well?
                      Twice as well I'd reckon

2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Quietguy
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Forster, NSW

Yukk

At new year the power to my van went off. Fridge and freezer full of food. I was real crook at the time so just shut the door and returned to Forster.

Today I'm back at the farm, and thinking about whether I'm game to open that fridge. Guess Ill have to but...

Maybe open it and go stay in a motel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X