• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anroco
    • Aug 2012
    • Gold Coast

Long Range Fuel Tank

Just after some advise.. Does the below seem ok??

Pumping from 1 tank to another if i read correctly.

Cheers Guys!!

I read the Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for me. Yep, me and God, we'd be mates! - Mick Dundee
  • Bundyk
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • North Nowra

At the price they are asking that would be a great buy. LRA tanks are about $1700 iirc, so a saving of about $600. LRA have a good reputation for building a good tank. So long as all the bits are there, I would go for it.

And yes, they pump from one tank to the other.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• DaveE66
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2010
      • Mannum SA

Hi Anroco
      Good price, i was quoted 1800 fitted here is sa for same tank

Dave
      NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Comment

• brianwanless
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2008
        • Mackay Nth Qld

I have this type of tank in my NP. You replace the filler pipe with a double pipe and a hose comes from the aux tank through an electric pump to a fitting on the main tank fill pipe. When you want to transfer fuel, you press a button on the fuel guage they supply and it starts pumping into the main tank. I was a bit suss at first, but it works well. I run the main tank down to below a quarter, then pump 80 litres across and have a full main tank again. For peace of mind when long distance touring or towing it is the best thing I have done. My son and I fitted it in one afternoon. Brian.
        NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by Bundyk View Post
          At the price they are asking that would be a great buy. LRA tanks are about $1700 iirc, so a saving of about $600..
          That would be the fitted price. I suspect you could probably buy one unfitted from them for the same price anyway. Doesn't seem like a great deal to me. That said, if you get it, you'll love it. Check dealers unfitted price before making a bid is my opinion.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

That's the same tank that I have in mine too.
            I paid around $1550 installed. Money very well spent. Great quality tank.....
            Cheers, Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• psproule
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Googong, NSW

The price is a little bit more than wholesale for the tank without fitting. If you get it I suggest tossing the cheap hose they supply and buying some decent fuel rated hose for the smaller lines. That stuff goes hard and leaks eventually at the seals.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Anroco
                • Aug 2012
                • Gold Coast

Thanks for your replies guys. Much appreciated!

Been tossing it up all day and although its great, i think i'll hold off and get the bullbar and winch first.. No point being able to go far if you cant pull yourself out when stuck!
                I read the Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for me. Yep, me and God, we'd be mates! - Mick Dundee

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2008
                  • Adelaide

Where do these tanks sit? Down one side of the car like in the early models?
                  Adelaide
                  2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Ranger J
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by Darwiniandude View Post
                    Where do these tanks sit? Down one side of the car like in the early models?
                    Under the second rear seat well, and tuck up on the drivers side behind the tailight.
                    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• gopher
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Aberfoyle Park

Make sure you order the correct one there are a couple of them . im going a brown davis more fuel for exceed than LRA 65ltrs apossed to 58ltrs simular price fitted.

Comment

• khogi007
                        • Apr 2014
                        • Camden NSW

LRA 145lt + 60lt sub

Anyone know if you can fit 60lt sub tank with existing LRA main tank (145lt) on gen2 pajero?

Comment

• geopaj
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by khogi007 View Post
                          Anyone know if you can fit 60lt sub tank with existing LRA main tank (145lt) on gen2 pajero?
                          Yes, a sub tank can be fitted with an existing LRA main tank on a gen 2 (the are installed in different places - LRA main tank replaces the factor tank behind the rear diff, sub tank fits forward or the rear diff on the passenger side - basically under the back seat)
                          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X