• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

Kimberley August 2019

Just spent 6 weeks in the Kimberley as a quick overview heres where we when Kalgan Pool, Doolena Gorge,Broome, Derby, Gibb River Road, Munja Track to Walcott Inlet, Wyndham, Old Kurunjie Road from Wyndham back to Gibb River Rd, Parry Creek Farm, Spring Ck, Kununrra, Lake Argyle, crossed into the Northern Territory to take the Duncan Hwy, overnight at the Zebra Rock Mine and Camp Ground, Saw Pit Gorge, Palm Springs, Halls Creek, back to Broome then Perth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the first Video edited from our DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Filmed at Walcott Inlet at the end of the Munja Track which can be accessed via Mount Elizabeth Station off the Gibb River Road.

Its a 4K video just over 8 minutes long of just Walcott Inlet with some informative text added to the video.

View on youtube: West Kimberley Walcott Inlet Video

Note: To see the video in its full 4K glory you need to have a compatible computer/monitor viewed on a 4K capable screen. youtube will give other quality options from 360p to 4K.
    Last edited by Pajaru; 26-09-19, 03:01 AM. Reason: Problem with video link
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
  • Greg Grey Grumbly
    • Aug 2012
    • Brisbane, Southside

Great video with the drone showing some fantastic country. The Kimberley is remarkable country in so many ways and was a standout on our last lap, we’re doing it again next year to catch all the places we missed first time around.

We did visit the the Zebra Rock Mine and did the sunset tour of Lake Argyle with owner Kim and it was a special experience.
    Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
    Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Wow, that's one hell of an awesome trip. Great vid. Makes me jealous.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajaru
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Perth

Wow, that's one hell of an awesome trip
        Thanks, It was a great trip and we enjoyed it immensely . Just wish it could have been longer.

But Can still relive it all through the vids and having said that

This is the second Video from our August 2019 Kimberley trip. Edited from 4K video taken with our DJI Mavic Pro Drone. Filmed at Kalgan Pool just North of Newman in Western Australia's Pilbara Region.

Its a 4K video 4 and a bit minutes long of just Kalgan Pool and the surrounding Ophthalmia Range. There is also some informative text added to the video.

View on youtube: Kalgan Pool, Pilbara, Western Australia.

To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Comment

• Pajaru
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Perth

The third video in Our Kimberley series is of the Cockburn Range along the Karunjie Track. This video is a compilation of Drone Video, several photos and a couple of clips from our hand held video camera. The Cockburn Range is situated West of the Pentecost River North of the Gibb River Road in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia. Karunjie Track is a pretty easy track for about two thirds coming from the Wyndnam end but does become a more difficult 4WD track for the last third towards Gibb River Road. Note Kurunjie is an alternate spelling but this is incorrect.

View on YouTube: Cockburn Range, Kimberley, Western Australia

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

Great videos - fabulous area. We have only scratched the surface of the Kimberley and want to go back there.

Comment

• Pajaru
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2013
              • Perth

Finally found so time do do another video in our Kimberley series.

This video is a compilation Video filmed in 4K with our DJI Mavic Pro Drone and a slide show including photos taken with the Mavic Drone and our Pentax KS2 DSLR camera.

The Drone video/photos is of James Price Point in The Kimberley Region of Western Australia. James Price Point is located some 50 kms North of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula. To get there first head East from Broome on the Broome Hwy turn Left onto Cape Leveque Rd then turn left onto Manari Road. Follow this for about 40 kms and you'll come across James Price Point just off to the left.

The DSLR photos where all taken along the West Coast of the Dampier Peninsula around Willie Creek, Cape Boileau, Quondong Beach, James Price Point, Coulomb Point and finaly Cape Bertolet.

In all, we spent around two weeks in Broome and camping on the West Coast of the Dampier Peninsula mostly at Quondong Point and James Price Point.

View on YouTube: James Price Point, Kimberley, Western Australia

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Lovely part of the world. Did my first open water dive after qualifying at James Price Pt 28 years ago. Not exactly the best place for a shore dive, but a best place for scenery.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories....

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pajaru
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2013
                  • Perth

Number 5 of Our Kimberley series is of Maggie Creek. Maggie Creek is some 40 kms South of the Town of Wyndham in the East Kimberley Region of Western Australia. The Video consists of 4K Drone footage and several photos taken with a Dji Mavic Pro Drone. Also included are photos taken with a Pentax KS2 and an Oylmpus TG3.

Maggie Creek is just a small rest area situated off The Great Northern Highway. When we were there in July/August 2019 bushfires had destoryed the vegetation which does give a different view than if the area still had bush. The lack of vegetation does allow the creek system with lager and smaller creeks to be more readily seen. About 10kms south of Maggie Creek there is a deep gorge known as "The Grotto" which is well worth a look. Other places of interest are The Old Halls Creek Road through Parry Lagoons Nature Reserve, Alligator Hole and Palm Springs; all worth the effort to check them out.
                  Parry Creek Farm Tourist Resort in the middle of Parry Lagoons Nature Reserve is a nice place to stay with a choice of Hotel Rooms, 3 Cabins, Camping and Caravan Parking available. While in the Reserve check out Marglu Billabong for its Bird Hide. Salt Water Crocodiles can be found in Marglu Billabong so keep a sharp lookout if you wander away from the marked path and bird hide and don't get too close to the waters edge.

view on youtube Kimberley - Maggie Creek South of Wyndham, Western Australia

Comment

• erad
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2015
                    • Cooma NSW

It has been quite a few years since I was up that way, but the videos bring back memories. Again, excellent photography. I don't remember the croc in the main street of Wyndham. How long has it been there? I'll have to go back and check it out. I loved the colours of James Price pint. We only went to Cape LEveque, and up to One Arm point, but the colours are similar all along.

Comment

• Pajaru
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • Perth

Thanks erad, I think the Croc was built in 1987. The Kimberley is a great area with superb scenery and wildlife and well worth putting on the bucket list. So much to see and do I don't see how anyone could see it all without maybe living in the Kimberley. Hope you can get back there sometime.

Comment

• Pajaru
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Perth

Kimberley: Munja Track crossing the Calder River.

Munja Track crossing the Calder River is probaby the most photographed/videoed river crossing of the entire Munja Track but maybe not by Drone. This is Number 6 of Our Kimberley Series of Drone Videos. The Video consists of 4K Drone footage and several photos taken with a Dji Mavic Pro Drone. Also included are photos taken with a Pentax KS2 and an Olympus TG3.

The Munja Track runs from Mount Elizbeth Station to Walcott Inlet in the Kimberley where several rivers feed into the inlet. These rivers include Calder, Charnley and Isdell Rivers. The Munja Track is a 4wd track that is worthy of being on your bucket list of Great 4wd tracks. It can be slow going with the jumpups giving you a challenging drive. Rocky sections of track can be brutal on your 4wd if not driven with care. Depending on the time of year multiple river and creek crossings can also present a challenge.

view on youtube: Munja Trk crossing Calder rv

Comment

• Pwoffey
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Adelaide

Thanks for posting this. I had planned to do the Munja Track this year, but COVID wrecked that plan. Your video doesn't make the disappointment any easier, but it was still great to see the Calder River.
                          BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Pajaru
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • Perth

All done Kimberley Drone Video Number 7. On a bit of a roll this one only took 3 weeks

Kimberley: Maudie Creek on the Munja Track

Maudie Creek! never heard of it? Well as it happens Maudie Creek is located on the Gardner Plateau in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. Maudie Creek is a tributary of Charnley River. Maudie Creek runs along side the Munja Track. It starts a few kilometers East of Mount Jameson before turning South at Mount Jameson and goes for several more kms before it actually joins the Charnley River .

The Video consists of 4K Drone footage filmed on a Dji Mavic Pro. Also included are several photos taken with our Pentax KS2 and an Olympus TG3 cameras.

Maudie Creek is a nice little camping spot where we spent a couple of pleasant days relaxing and enjoying nature. A bonus of this spot was that Maudie Creek had running water that was good for drinking. Day temperatures were in the low to mid 30's while we were there.

YouTube: Maudie Creek

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X