• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMChallenger
    • Jun 2012
    • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Factory fog light wiring LS challenger

I’ve searched and can’t find anything...

I have purchased some fog lights to go into my ARB bar and they come with a factory plug. The wiring for fog lights are in behind the bullbar, however I never had foglights in my LS model 2011 challenger.

If the wiring is there, is there a loom connection point or is the switch already in the cabin somewhere I don’t know about?

I want to wire in the fog lights but would like to use the OEM loom if possible.

Thanks guys!
    2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!
  • NWDarwin
    • Jun 2018
    • Canberra

Not a Challenger, but in my Pajero (I’m pretty sure most manufacturers/models are the same) the wiring was there and terminated into a plug near the radiator. All I had to do was buy a factory fog light switch (the factory plug was behind the switch blank on the dash), relay and extend the wiring to the fog lights and it worked as though it rolled off the production line that way. Just be aware that the fog light relay won’t be energised unless the parking lights are on. Hope this helps.

Comment

• BMChallenger
      • Jun 2012
      • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Thank you. I have found the loom, it’s just the switch behind the dash I need to find.
      2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi BM,

You have already located the fog light plugs/loom but you also need to power up the circuit in the relay/junction box under the bonnet and then locate the under dash loom that connects to the special lighting stalk that has the integrated fog light switch if you want the complete factory look and installation.
        These are the wiring diagrams you need to use;

I believe the ETAC unit is the same across all models so with a bit of luck the dash fog light indicator light might even work (if there is a globe fitted.

The factory fog lamps are one of the best factory fog lamps I have ever used, beam has a very strong horizontal cutoff with a wide even spread and deep penetration.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• bige
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BMChallenger View Post
          Thank you. I have found the loom, it’s just the switch behind the dash I need to find.
          all you need is a relay to plug into the fuse box next to the battery
          and buy a genuine headlight ,blinker switch with the foglight switch
          from a pb /pc model that has fog lights as standard
          that's how i done mine

Comment

• BMChallenger
            • Jun 2012
            • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
            Hi BM,

You have already located the fog light plugs/loom but you also need to power up the circuit in the relay/junction box under the bonnet and then locate the under dash loom that connects to the special lighting stalk that has the integrated fog light switch if you want the complete factory look and installation.
            These are the wiring diagrams you need to use;

I believe the ETAC unit is the same across all models so with a bit of luck the dash fog light indicator light might even work (if there is a globe fitted.

The factory fog lamps are one of the best factory fog lamps I have ever used, beam has a very strong horizontal cutoff with a wide even spread and deep penetration.

OJ.
            Never ever cease to amaze me OJ. Thank you

Comment

• BMChallenger
              • Jun 2012
              • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Originally posted by bige View Post
              all you need is a relay to plug into the fuse box next to the battery
              and buy a genuine headlight ,blinker switch with the foglight switch
              from a pb /pc model that has fog lights as standard
              that's how i done mine
              Awesome thank you.

So did you buy an indicator stalk with the fog light switch function? Was there a loom you had to search out and plug in behind the dash?

Comment

• bige
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by BMChallenger View Post
                Awesome thank you.

So did you buy an indicator stalk with the fog light switch function? Was there a loom you had to search out and plug in behind the dash?
                yes just buy a stalk and swap it over
                remove covers around switches slide out blinker stalk refit new stalk
                its plug and play there's no other plugs its already wired in

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Do you have the correct part number for BM?
                  There a 3 different part numbers listed but they do not detail all the functions of the stalk switch.
                  PN 8614A215
                  PN 8614A216
                  PN 8614A217
                  They all cost about $120-$140 on the Internet.
                  Interesting these are a common part number with Triton and Lancer so it maybe possible to get a secondhand unit.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• bige
                    • Apr 2010

no don't have part number done it years ago
                    2nd hand would be the go triton ones are the same
                    otherwise MM parts should be able to get the switch

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X