• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pabz
    • May 2009
    • Success Perth WA

Provent 200 catch can

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyones put one of these on there pajero(NT2010 model) and did they have any photos?
    Im interested in putting one on

Paul
  • lach01
    • Jul 2011
    • Perth

I've fitted one to my NS but be aware, as per a considerable number of posts on newtriton, after a few thousand km's when they begin to get oil soaked the filter starts being a restriction and instead of EGR vapour the turbo seals starts leaking into the intake. There are some modifications to try but I'm still not overly impressed with mine.

Lachie.

Comment

• pabz
      • May 2009
      • Success Perth WA

Thanks Lachie,
      Sounds like its back to the blanking template idea I go..
      Cheers for the info

Comment

• Goodsy
        Who ya gunna call....
        • Dec 2010
        • Hervey Bay

Fitted to a NS and I clean it more often than I need to.
        Takes 5 mins to clean and I do it every 2000k's. No problems with the unit if cleaned regularly.
        I like to look under the bonnet every couple of k anyway.
        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

I have seen lots of mentions of catch cans on here but am a bit ignorant on this topic, what is it for? If EGR is blocked is it needed?
          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• pabz
            • May 2009
            • Success Perth WA

Thanks Goodsy..
            Hi Pauld.. Apparently its stops soot and what would normally go into your engine if you havent got your EGR blocked.. I was thinking either one or the other only because I had read where some one was going to do that instead of the blanking plate due to a few issues of error codes... Search EGR blanking and you should see a few useful threads..
            Cheers

Comment

• AJC
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • ACT

Originally posted by pabz View Post
              Thanks Goodsy..
              Hi Pauld.. Apparently its stops soot and what would normally go into your engine if you havent got your EGR blocked.. I was thinking either one or the other only because I had read where some one was going to do that instead of the blanking plate due to a few issues of error codes... Search EGR blanking and you should see a few useful threads..
              Cheers
              They are seperate. A EGR brings hot exhaust gas over form the exhaust manifold to the inlet manifoild, in turn caking up the inlet manifold with gunk. Blanking the EGR prevents it.

Catch cans fit on the crankcase breather line. Crankcase breathers allow blow by gases to escape the block. Rather than venting to the atmosphere, they vent to the intake so the gases re-enter the engine. The catch can allos the oil in the gases to condense and settle so only clean air retunrs to the intake, thus lessesing the intake gunking up.

Note to self - add catch can!
              Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• pabz
                • May 2009
                • Success Perth WA

Thanks AJC,
                Now thats more informative than anything else I got on here.. Cheers so If you can do both its better still..
                Ive only done 30 thou k's on The car so If I can get in early with all this the cleaner the car will be for the future..
                Not sure how they will like in on the warranty side of things but if anything happens
                Cheers

Comment

• pauld
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Melbourne

Thanks guys, anyone recommend a particular unit for an NP Diesel? I see there are stacks on Ebay. I would imagine units with lots of bling are a bad idea in case of inspection by cops or for RWC...
                  2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X