• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lams
    • Feb 2014
    • Brisbane

Aftermarket remote central locking

I do apologise if there are threads existing on this topic, but I'm on a mobile device and can't for the life of me get the search function to work (menu disappears once it opens).

I have purchased a remote central locking kit from eBay and am going to install it myself. I have wiring diagrams but they're for a model which already has remote central locking so it isn't applicable to my car (which only has normal central locking, no remote).

I really only need to find out two things:

Are the actuators positively switched, or negative?

Where shall I find the appropriate wires under the dash?

Basically I'm hoping that someone on here has done this already and can save me a lot of time

Thanks a lot guys.
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

Lams, I've sent you a pm about the Search function 'disappearing'

Same has happened to me if the phone's screen is expanded in any way. The Search dropdown box disappears.

My remedy is to have the screen on minimum size and then the search dropdown box will stay on the screen.

This also happens when trying to choose from the Private Messages dropdown box.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Wazzap
      • Sep 2015
      • NSW

I thought all Gen3s came with remote central, though it's quite likely the remotes have been lost. Mine came with no remotes so I installed an alarm with a remote (cheaper than replacement factory remotes, and more useful).

The central locking is a negative trigger - wires are brown/red stripe (unlock) and light green/red stripe (lock) from the smaller connector on the ETACS unit (yellow box on the back of the internal fuse box), don't put a positive voltage through the central locking or you can fry the ETACS unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X