• Show
Clear All
  • Snapcatcher
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2009
    • Brisbane

ebay DVD/Head unit where to connect auto antenna

Hey guys,

I have one one the ebay single din dvd players.

Does anyone know where to hook up the wire for the auto antenna, so that the antenna goes up when radio is selected ?

Thanks
    Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.
  • schnitzel
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Bendigo

did you use one of these adaptors as the wiring is marked on them. would also need to know if the head unit has an antenna out wire for it to work.

Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• Snapcatcher
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2009
      • Brisbane

I used a wiring harness I got from auto barn.

The head unit does have an auto antenna out wire, but I dont where where to connect that to on the vehicle. The out wire from the head unit doesnt go into the the plug.

here's the unit I have.

Thanks for your help
      Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2012
        • Maitland, NSW

You need to find the antenna out wire off the old unit, you should find it either goes through harness plug or off on it's own like the new unit does. This wire should be 12v+ when radio is turned on and 0v any other time, there is also a 12v+ remote wire and that one has 12v+ as soon as the unit is turned on, i'm not sure if stock head units had this 2nd remote wire.
        If there is no individual antenna out wire off the old unit you will most likely find it is supposed to go through plug and the plug will have a blank.
        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Snapcatcher
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2009
          • Brisbane

Thanks. Im replacing the factory unit.

I can see the plug that goes into the factory unit has 13 wires, and that the wiring harness that fits onto that plug, only has 12. So I guess I need to find which which one is the blank and try that.

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2012
            • Maitland, NSW

That's exactly what i would do
            97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
            97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Snapcatcher
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane

well that didnt work. I cut the spare wire and connencted it to the auto antenna wire. still no go.

i then tried the factory unit and the antenna went up, so that spare wire obviously doesnt control the antenna.

back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2009
                • Brisbane

urrrm, I just noticed (I know im a douche) that the wire on the wiring harness are actually labelled (in tiny writing)

One is labelled 'power antenna' so I guess I'll try that. durrrrrr

Comment

• schnitzel
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • Bendigo

that would probably be the one to make it work
                  Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • Brisbane

Yuurppppp that did the trick.

Im a fool. wonder what the ther wire I cut did, I spose it's not connected t the plug so not too important.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X