• Show
Clear All
  • Ranger J
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

WA: Bend and Brew Powerlines Night Run - 25th October

Attention WA affiliates,

As you know, 4wding is addictive, and because I had such a bumper run down in Brunswick last weekend - I want to bend some panels again next week.

So let's do something a little different, hit the good 'ol Powerlines at night, and have a frothy afterwards.

Who: Open invite. First timer's are most welcome.

When: 25th October

Where: Sawyer's Valley Powerlines

Terrain: 2-4 out of 5

Distance: <100km

Description: A zip up the Powerlines at night (enter @ Flynn Rd).

Then for those that wish, a cruise down the Hill to have a beer and yarn at the Pig and Whistle (Morrison Rd, Swan View)

***Be mindful of your intake please - we don't want anyone driving home over the limit***.

Car Limit: No limit.

Meeting Point: Cnr Morrison Rd and Farrall Rd Midvale, in the cleared/vacant lot opposite McDonalds - access off Farrall Rd.

Meeting time: 6:30pm Depart 7:00pm sharp (can be later if most are unable to make it by 7pm.

What To Bring: Recovery gear

Contacts: Jayden via PM or 0421 544 550

Disclaimer: "Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    Last edited by Ranger J; 19-10-13, 08:00 PM.
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.
  • Ranger J
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

BTW - I'm having surgery done on my leg on Wednesday, but I'm hoping that it will be fine to move about with. If someone would like to stick their hand up for contingency leader in the event that I'm unable to attend, that would be much appreciated.
    NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Provided the wife hasn't planned anything and I feel up to it (will finish my last morning shift of the week that day) I am definitely in for this one.

Edit: Wife has booked us in for dinner with family and friends so I'm a no-show. Booo!
      Last edited by grhyso; 20-10-13, 12:38 AM.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Shifty
        • Jul 2013
        • perth

im keen, i get back from thailand thursday morning so friday night shouldnt be a problem, ive only been night 4wding once at 2rocks so think ill stick to the chicken tracks. i made a reverse light just before i left so im keen to use that.

Comment

• Paj man
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Perth

In between moons so I'm in - will have my sliders on for their christening.
          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• bakerboy
            "valued 3000+ member"
            • May 2008
            • Perth

I'll be there night runs ftw
            If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Paj man
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010
              • Perth

How's the leg feeling Jayden?

Pretty excited for this night run - haven't done one in ages!
              1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Comment

• bigfella78
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2010
                • Mandurah, WA

I'll be there..
                2018 NX GLS, Munji DPF delete, MCC 808-02 Phoenix Bar, ARB Awning.

GONE but not forgotten - 1998 NL GLS, ARB Bull bar, GME UHF, Rhino Rack roof cage, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Mickey Thompson ATZ, Long range tank, Snorkel & Rallye 2000 Driving lights.

Comment

• bakerboy
                  "valued 3000+ member"
                  • May 2008
                  • Perth

The gf will be tagging along in my car and I have a mate in a navara that would like to head along too, should be fine to get to the meet point in time but I will be coming from work in Claremont
                  If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Ranger J
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Paj man View Post
                    How's the leg feeling Jayden?

Pretty excited for this night run - haven't done one in ages!
                    Yeah mate it's feeling alright, will just take it easy - no running up and down hills and I should be right.

Keen to get out of the house anyway, there's only so much GTA V you can plan in one day I reckon.

Any other last minute takers?

Comment

• xflamedancer
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Perth

I'm in, the Minister for War, Transport and Finance has given me a leave pass, but has made it clear I have to stay out of the bog holes or I will be murdered in my sleep (as a result of a "little" incident two weeks ago).
                      The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
                      Harlan Ellison

Comment

• Shifty
                        • Jul 2013
                        • perth

looking good, 5 cars is great

Comment

• Paj man
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • Perth

See y'all tonight - I'll be there at 6:30

Comment

• Ranger J
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007

Nice weather this arvo ladies and gents, looking forward to the dusk run up the hill. If anyone has a late minute change of heart and wants to come along - please drop me a sms on 0421544550 so that we don't leave you behind!

Comment

• xflamedancer
                              • Mar 2010
                              • Perth

What an awesome evening, good to put some faces to the nic's, thanks for letting me tag along. Haven't been out to check for damage to the bash plates yet after dragging that boulder out of the hill yet
                              The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
                              Harlan Ellison

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X