Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Ozito 36v chainsaw review (vid included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Ozito 36v chainsaw review (vid included)

Hi all,

Following on from my previous post where I had a chance to test out the little 18v chainsaw https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=62384 with people speaking positively of their own experiences with these new fandangled battery powered chainsaws,
    Ozito shot me out their 36v variant of the same saw using the same batteries.

At 36v this one uses 2 of the 18v units and obviously creates a bit more power than its little brother.
    I’ve got the 2x 5.2ah batteries on this one which add a fair bit to the weight of the whole set up.

If weight is an issue for you, the smaller 18v one might be a better fit. One handed operation is possible there but of course I don’t advocate it

This one has a brushless motor, so with a lot more speed, power and a bigger bar, it puts up a good fight with the petrol equivalent.

Moulded plastic makes up the majority of the body of the saw and whilst I can’t speak for longevity as yet, it appears to be rugged enough to last for some time.
    Where the little 18v definitely feels like a toy, this one convinces you its more serious as soon as you pick it up.

I got a few mates to test it out for the video, so I could get as many opinions, good bad or otherwise for a fair review.
    That said, we had the 18v ozito, 36v ozito, 390es echo and the 170 stihl for the comparison.

I must admit, I’ve been a long time sceptic of battery powered stuff, but with my recent experiences with some newer gear, I’m starting to be a convert.
    I still love a good petty saw, yet when it comes to throwing one in the back of the car for camp fire duties or clearing downed trees on a track, the benefit of not having to carry fuel in the car has to be the biggest benefit I can think of.
    Of course theyre quieter than a petty saw too, so you can go a sneaky wood collection without annoying everyone around you and avoid getting into too much trouble

Tool less operation for swapping out or tightening chains is also handy but not restricted to the realms of battery saws.

I don’t want to give away the outcome of the comparison and spoil the vid but watching the reaction of my mates as they tried it out, confirmed my own opinion on unit.

Anyway, here’s the vid as per usual.

Cheers Brett
    Attached Files
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Another great vid Brett. Be awesome if you could get your hands on some of the bigger brands like Milwaukee, Dewalt and Makita for a test.

Benny.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Having Fun
      • Jun 2015
      • Adelaide

Well done, another great review!

The fiddler in me is wondering if you've tried the shorter bar & chain from the 18v saw on it yet?

I'm guessing that will make it far more aggressive?

Not that it needs to be, it'll cut firewood just great as it came out of the box.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Good video.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

cheers Benny.

yes, that would be cool. I would every much be interested in how they compare, but i spent all my money on the pajero
          I will be keeping my eye out for someone who has them and will see if I can get hands on.

Having Fun.....dude, why did I not think of that.

Both of the drive spindles look the same but the way they tension etc is different so I'm not sure if they are a match, but I'm bloody well gonna find out.

I'll let ya know.

right back at ya Ian

Comment

• Having Fun
            • Jun 2015
            • Adelaide

Hi denmonkey,

I just downloaded the manuals from the Bunnings site; yes, it'll fit.

They both run 3/8LP .043 chain, so the bars & chains are interchangeable.

Even better, you can buy that chain pretty much anywhere. I pay .65c a drive link for loops already made up.

When you get it made up, they need to know the pitch (3/8LP), the gauge (.043) and the number of drive links.

The drive links are those things that look like inverted sharks fins on the inside of the loop of chain. To count them, just put a texta mark on one & work your way around the loop till you get back to the marked one. Easy as!

A 12" (30cm) bar should have around 44-45 drive links & a 14" will have anywhere from 52-54. My Echo 14" bars are 53.

All modern chainsaws have either a Stihl mount bar, or a Husqvarna mount bar. Pretty much everyone other than Stihl uses the Husqvarna mount (Echo, Makita, Dolmar, Shindi, and all of the Ebay saws do). So it's a pretty safe bet that the Ozito is husky mount too.

Comment

• denmonkey
              • Oct 2017
              • Newcastle NSW

I'll try and suss it this weekend.

The mechanisms for holding the bar and tensioning is different between the 2.

In saying that I don't think they will, the big one has a wheel for tensioning built onto the bar where the little one doesn't.....i think ...bugger it.

I'm sitting at the puta, so here's some screen shots.

18v 10 inch

36v 14 inch

you can see the tension wheel on the 14 that isn't on the 10.

It does seem to have either a screw or rivet of some sort holding it in.

I'll see if that can be removed.

The echo chain was 53 that I got with a .050 guage .

that's what I got off the echo bar on mine . albeit that the bar suggested 52 links at 356mm but the 356mm had 53 links and they 350mm has 52.

I haven't given up just yet.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by denmonkey; 11-01-19, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Having Fun
                • Jun 2015
                • Adelaide

Sorry about the delay in replying, I've been unsuccessfully looking in Bunnings for display models. They're all in boxes!

Yes, .050 gauge 53 links for my Echo 14" bars. They're a tad unusual lol.

That wheel should just come off by twisting it with your fingers? I had a Stihl with that set up on it. Very easy to remove the wheel & it'll fit the other bar.

Those look like low kickback chains?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X