• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cams
    • Sep 2010
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
    Just called to check. The Tyrepower store nearest me, say they have them in their warehouse and got a little miffed when I questioned which tyres they actually were, still don't know. Mumbled something about I should know as I asked for the quote.

So rang my preferred store, should have gone there to start with. Tyres are indeed on back order. Toyo advised they could be 2-3 weeks due to shipping hold ups. Toyo will honor the deal for me, as long as I was happy to supply my contact details to them and the store. No deposit just pay on the delivery day, good customer service from Toyo and Lewis Tyrepower.
    It does sound like they were the old AT tyres. Your preferred store has given the same story as mine has, so I would say that is legit. Like you I was also told that Toyo will honor the 5 for 4 as I have ordered already. Originally I was going to pay before the offered expired if they hadn't come in, but no need to now.

Last Friday they did tell me that the container was being unloaded, to now have more delays is a bit annoying. From your first comment I was starting to think that they had been unloaded and did not have enough, hence Geelong saying they have them. But it does sound like Geelong had old stock.

So far my store (Berwick) has been good in keeping me informed.
    2010 NT Platinum Pajero, DiD auto warm white. MM tow bar, Redarc for power.
    Open Country AT2's
    Jayco Startcraft 19-61.1 Family van

Comment

• Steve_H
      • Feb 2012
      • Melbourne

I didn't really believe the price so I called my local Tyrepower...yup $240 each and a 5th thrown in. I was told they'll have stock in around the 20th, so may order a set.
      2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

• Cams
        • Sep 2010
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Steve_H View Post
        I didn't really believe the price so I called my local Tyrepower...yup $240 each and a 5th thrown in. I was told they'll have stock in around the 20th, so may order a set.
        It's a deal hard to pass up. The 5 for 4 ends any day now. You would have to order before it finishes to get it. IIRC it ends tomorrow.
        Open Country AT2's

Comment

• gopher
          • Oct 2012
          • Aberfoyle Park

Got mine on , went 275 left front hit the black steel bits under the genuine bar had to take them off and cut down and refit. They look great. Went to toyo riverland off road event and day at loveday . the tyres extremely quiet for ATs performed great up hill climb and sand drives, also drove the race course at Waikerie (80kms) great fun.Also had a couple of hot laps in Brad Gallards trophy truck **%*^^ awesome.

Comment

• Steve_H
            • Feb 2012
            • Melbourne

Dammit....originally I enquired about the wrong size tyres so I called and changed to 265 75 R16 and was told that a. They're $265 per corner and b. no tyres coming in until August and as such Toyo won't honour their 5 for 4 deal, even if I paid upfront.
            Last edited by Steve_H; 09-07-14, 05:18 PM.
            2018 NX GLS - Stock

2002 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto. Oricom 280 UHF, Full Boar Snorkel, Maxxis 980's. Diff breather kit *still* waiting to be fitted. Heading for the great scrap yard in the sky very soon.

Comment

• XXXceed
              • Oct 2013
              • Adelaide

Be interested in seeing how these tyres go, I may have a set coming aswell....
              2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• Cams
                • Sep 2010
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by XXXceed View Post
                Be interested in seeing how these tyres go, I may have a set coming aswell....
                Might be a while longer. Apart from one member here who got a differant size, everyone else is waiting. Hopefully the coming week.
                Open Country AT2's

Comment

• XXXceed
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Adelaide

Seems that way cams, was told yesterday that the next shipment due into adelaide would be approximately 11 - 20th August. Sale ended today.
                  2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• Cams
                    • Sep 2010
                    • Melbourne

Well I do hope the first shipment has enough to go around, getting a little over the wait. If Berwick get some (they say they will) I will be the first to get them, depends on how many they get if they can fill all the back orders. Guess the same applies for other stores as well.

Much longer I might have to go with the Bridgestone 697's.
                    Open Country AT2's

Comment

• Cams
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Melbourne

I just got the call I have been waiting for, my OPATS are in. Will be getting them fitted tomorrow morning and a front alignment.
                      Open Country AT2's

Comment

• gopher
                        • Oct 2012
                        • Aberfoyle Park

I have had 3 calls from tyre power offering me tyres in adelaide even after they had fitted mine lol. sorry to hear about those who missed out.
                        Even better went to Toyo weekend up at waikeri sa. awesome event part of there sponsorship of the off road race there.

Comment

• Cams
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by gopher View Post
                          I have had 3 calls from tyre power offering me tyres in adelaide even after they had fitted mine lol. sorry to hear about those who missed out.
                          Even better went to Toyo weekend up at waikeri sa. awesome event part of there sponsorship of the off road race there.

Haven't missed out on anything, just a delay. toyo are honoring the 5 for 4 as long as you ordered them prior to offer closing.
                          Open Country AT2's

Comment

• XXXceed
                            • Oct 2013
                            • Adelaide

Nice work Cams, hope they turn out well, might be worth getting a 4 wheel alignment to be on the safe side.
                            Gopher, my mate is still spewing that he wasn't the one who won the ride in Gallards trophy truck at Waikerie, was a good weekend but....

Comment

• Cams
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Melbourne

Rear tyre wear has always been spot on, I rather leave things that are fine, if adjusted it could then be out.

The fronts are a different story, at first they started to feather on the outer edges. An alignment fixed that but now have the fronts wearing more on the outer edge which is camber (or my driving style) So I want it checked and more negative camber on the fronts. Standard setting is 0 +- 30, looking to increase neg camber by 20-30 from what they are.

Poor Gopher missing out..
                              Open Country AT2's

Comment

• Cams
                                • Sep 2010
                                • Melbourne

New Toyos are now on the car. No issue with the 5 for 4 offer, paid for 4. Extremely happy with the look and price of the tyres.

Some things I noticed (bear in mind, my first set of AT tyres, did have Bridgestone HT's)

There was noticeable tyre noise, though I don't think it is excessive.
                                Slow speed turns (carpark) the steering was noticeably lighter.
                                Being LT I could feel a little more harshness from the road but only minor, I expected this.
                                They look awesome

No report for wet roads and off road at this point.
                                Attached Files
                                Open Country AT2's

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X