X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bechaz
    • Jul 2012
    • Sawtell

Thanks for all the info. I have done all of the above. Stripped the car inside to clean and had to put a new cd. The light for the cruise control does come on so it isnt a blow globe. I will check all the connections again.

Comment

• Damon3
      • Sep 2011
      • Western Australia

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
      I would try unplug and replug of all connecters, did you have work done on a radio or remove the console ? been through any water ? change globes in the dash ? there is a main connector under the console that comes from the transmission then to the transmission computer speedo ect, I dont think you have the same problem as mine.
      Rick
      Hi Rick
      I am having the same problem with my 96 3.5 auto- no o/d and I fitted a new CD player. My A/T light kept coming on, took to mecho and he put the machine on her and cleared the code-vehicle speed sensor circuit is open. What should I do- please help

Comment

• my.paj
        • Dec 2010
        • Tullamarine

One of the wires in the radio plug (I think yellow) is part of the speed sensor circuit, cant remember what it was, but if you touched that wire you may have shorted out your speedo and thats what I done to mine.
        Rick
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• MSF
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2009
          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Thread bump...

Just wondering if this is my issue on my NL GLS SWB 3.5L Auto

Auto shifts perfect, but will not enter O/D, regardless of switch position.
          The O/D switch on the side of the shifter works as the dash light works when depressed etc.

The Cruise control switch lights up when it is pressed, but the Cruise will not engage when you use the cruise lever SET / RESUME etc.

Speedo and odometer both works perfectly.

When scanned by an OBD reader - it comes up with Error code "38 Speed Sensor" - which I see is similar..

It does have an aftermarket stereo fitted, but I think it's been in it for a very long while as the model was discontinued about 10 years ago..

So, for those that have had this issue - did the speed sensor replacement fix your issues ?
          Do you know what the part number of the switch is ??

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X