• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MELONHEAD
    • Apr 2010
    • Curlewis NSW

Tip for cutting rear lower control arm/camber bolts

I have just finished removing my rear lower control arms due to the camber adjuster bolts being seized in my NT. I managed to bash out the right hand side bolt but had to cut the left. I used a 125mm thin cutting disk in my 115mm - 125mm angle grinder with the guard removed, and was able to cut completely through the bolt. A standard size 115mm disk would be just a bees doodle too small to cut all the way through I reckon and would need to be finished with a reciprocating saw. I also unseized, removed and "never seized" my toe adjustment bolts, as well as replacing my broken diff housing carrier bushes.

So the tip is to use 125mm cutting disks and you wont need a reciprocating saw.
    2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
    1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X