• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bad4u
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth, Western Australia

I bought a Jeep!

Just got myself a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V6 Diesel). You really get a lot of car for the money with so many extra features that would cost a lot more on other makes.

The good news is that I am still keeping the Pajero, which will be used for towing the van and travelling. The Jeep will be my wifes daily driver but I'm looking forward to comparing the two. I'll post up pics when I get it in a couple of weeks.
    Warren
    2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
    2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

That's great news .. you may find the Jeep is a better tow vehicle and also uses less fuel whilst towing ...
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• greybeard
      • Jan 2008
      • WA

That's ok, you can always use it as a trade in

Comment

• 2bad4u
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        That's great news .. you may find the Jeep is a better tow vehicle and also uses less fuel whilst towing ...
        That's the plan. The Pajero is setup the way I want it for travelling, so I will slowly do up the Jeep over time to set it up for travelling too. But in the mean time it will also be used for towing some of my other toys around.
        Warren

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2014
          • Wellington,New Zealand

what is it about SUVs that women like?If i didnt want the Pajero, an SUV is the last vehicle i would want.A people mover is superior in every way to an suv if you want something with room and any other sedan or car is superior in every way to an suv.
          My wife hates my pajero.Its too slow ,too big and too thirsty and drives llike a big top heavy thing
          2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
          BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

I bought a Jeep....2bad4u

Enjoy.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• 2bad4u
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
              what is it about SUVs that women like?If i didnt want the Pajero, an SUV is the last vehicle i would want.A people mover is superior in every way to an suv if you want something with room and any other sedan or car is superior in every way to an suv.
              My wife hates my pajero.Its too slow ,too big and too thirsty and drives llike a big top heavy thing
              My wife loves the Pajero and we both really liked the Jeep. As I said it's going to be set up for towing, I don't think a people mover can pull 3500kg.
              Warren

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                My wife loves the Pajero and we both really liked the Jeep. As I said it's going to be set up for towing, I don't think a people mover can pull 3500kg.
                Strange eh. Mate left his 80 series non turbo wagon here for a few days. 430,000klms and drives like a dream. I even commented to the missus that I would prefer it over the Paj if I was to do a big round the country trip. Just rugged, simple and will handle off road better than the Paj. He,s selling it cheap soon...Unfortunately with the Paj, 3 trailers , boat and motorbike rego/insurances it wont be sitting in my drive. Good luck with the Jeep and hope you get plenty of enjoyable motoring from it.
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                  Strange eh. Mate left his 80 series non turbo wagon here for a few days. 430,000klms and drives like a dream. I even commented to the missus that I would prefer it over the Paj if I was to do a big round the country trip. Just rugged, simple and will handle off road better than the Paj.
                  Interesting observation.

I have been saying for some time that, for the sort of 4wding I like to do, the 80 Series is probably the best 4wd ever built - but they're getting old.

My brother has one (non-turbo - NFI how many kms), but the last time I drove it (a long time ago now) I felt it was like driving a truck.

Off-road, yes, the flex is impressive, and it has great approach & departure angles, and clearance under the sills. But the rear LSD is essentially an open diff, and that rear diff pumpkin is in precisely the wrong spot to get hung up on high-points between ruts - as OJ witnessed at Bendleby a few years back.

In the off-roading I did with him, my Pajero drove some stuff he couldn't. The 80 Series can't drive all of the stuff I drive without after-market traction aids. With after-market traction aids, my Pajero drives where I want to go off-road, and is so much more capable on-road.

Notwithstanding all of the above, if I lived at the north end of the country rather than the south end, I expect I'd be looking for a Toyota with live axles front & rear.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                    Interesting observation.

I have been saying for some time that, for the sort of 4wding I like to do, the 80 Series is probably the best 4wd ever built - but they're getting old.

My brother has one (non-turbo - NFI how many kms), but the last time I drove it (a long time ago now) I felt it was like driving a truck.

Off-road, yes, the flex is impressive, and it has great approach & departure angles, and clearance under the sills. But the rear LSD is essentially an open diff, and that rear diff pumpkin is in precisely the wrong spot to get hung up on high-points between ruts - as OJ witnessed at Bendleby a few years back.

In the off-roading I did with him, my Pajero drove some stuff he couldn't. The 80 Series can't drive all of the stuff I drive without after-market traction aids. With after-market traction aids, my Pajero drives where I want to go off-road, and is so much more capable on-road.

Notwithstanding all of the above, if I lived at the north end of the country rather than the south end, I expect I'd be looking for a Toyota with live axles front & rear.
                    Like this?
                    Attached Files
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• 2bad4u
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009

Picked up the Jeep last week and all the modern features put the Pajero to shame (they really are showing their age), but some early comparisons are I find the ride very similar, the Pajero has better vision (bulky A pillars in the Jeep), the Pajero is also roomier. The Jeeps V6 diesel has some serious grunt and is so quiet and economical with the 8 speed auto. It's a bit difficult to compare the 2 as I still love the Pajero and using both cars for different reasons.

Now the fun has begun. So far in the last week I have had the centre console out twice, the dash out once and the rear trim out once to fit various accessories. It will all be coming out again next week to fit a DC-DC charger. I really should have done it all at once but couldn't wait to start pulling things apart.

In 2 weeks time it is getting a TJM nudge bar and Lightforce 20" lightbar fitted. I will then post up some photos of the completed setup.
                      Warren

Comment

• 2bad4u
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009

Dual battery done.

With the Jeep, the battery is located under the drivers seat and there is a compartment under the passenger seat which normally houses the air suspension components. This made the perfect spot for a power distribution set up that is fully removable. Ran 6B&S from the battery to this compartment and connected via an Anderson plug. From there I have an ignition switched relay which gives power to a box with 6 fused outlets for powering CB, Dash Cam, etc. I've become an expert at pulling this car apart.

Nice day today, so took it for a run upto my rural block....
                        Attached Files
                        Warren

Comment

• 2bad4u
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2009

Just had a TJM Nudge Bar and Lightforce 20" light bar fitted this week. I think I'll stop spending money and pulling the car apart for a while.
                          Attached Files
                          Warren

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X