• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimnyjerry
    • Dec 2011
    • BlueMts

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
    I suspect that, given the huge number of affected Pajeros, it will take a significant amount of time to source replacement airbags for all of them.

If risk increases with age, I expect Mitsubishi want to do the vehicles most at risk first, rather than replacing low-risk airbags opportunistically. Manage the process carefully to manage the risk.
    Hope that is the case. I shiver with antici... pation.
    2007 NS R shortie, smartbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard, Bridgestone AT Duelers

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

We received the second letter from MMA today saying to contact a MM service centre to arrange for the air bag replacement in our Pajero. Called the dealer as I want this done and out of the way. Was told 'it may not need replacing and they need to check and call me tomorrow.'

WTF? I have had two letters from MMA. It is in the VIN range.

Comment

• JJ-VRX
        • Feb 2014
        • Oakleigh South

Why is taking so long?

Originally posted by Mitsubishi Australia View Post
        There has been a lot of conflict relating to the root cause of the issue but an independent professional report has been done on this issue which details the full extent and cause.
        It is dangerous to drive these vehicles, why is taking so long for Mitsubishi Australia to have the replacement bags in here?

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by JJ-VRX View Post
          It is dangerous to drive these vehicles, why is taking so long for Mitsubishi Australia to have the replacement bags in here?
          Maybe because over 6.5million vehicles from a wide variety of vehicle manufacturers have been affected by the Takata airbag recall worldwide. They can't make that sort of volume overnight.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Because you are a number, somewhere between 1 and 53 million, all in the que, waiting, unfortunately.

MORE than half a million cars in Australia are now part of what has become the world’s biggest automotive recall for airbags that can spray shrapnel — and the figure is set to climb.
            Last edited by RUGGA; 19-01-17, 04:58 PM.
            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Sydney

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
              Because you are a number, somewhere between 1 and 53 million, all in the que, waiting, unfortunately.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...04fa2b38b025dc
              That article doesn't list any Mitsubishi models but we do know Mits is affected, I have a letter to say so.
              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Vicbitter
                • May 2016
                • Melbourne

What about the passenger side.......

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Peterng
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Northern Rivers NSW

In my initial response to this Airbag recall, is that the fragments may, may be released on deployment of the airbag...
                  It is my intention whilst driving..not to allow this to happen.
                  This is one vehicle accessory I do not want to use..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
                    In my initial response to this Airbag recall, is that the fragments may, may be released on deployment of the airbag...
                    It is my intention whilst driving..not to allow this to happen.
                    This is one vehicle accessory I do not want to use..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Exactly. These vehicles are still quite safe to drive. They are potentially not quite so safe to crash.

I've never wanted to be involved in a crash that deploys the air bags.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Also you need to consider the airbags fitted to Australian delivered vehicles have a lower deployment pressure compared to other countries as we have compulsory seatbelt use and many later model vehicle also have seat belt pretensions so that further reduces the pressure required in the airbags to absorb impact forces.

Oj.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• ozdoogie
                        • Nov 2015
                        • Redcliffe, Qld

Got my "contact the dealer* letter today. Booked in for April 2017, 4 week backlog at my dealer in Redcliffe, Qld

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
                        2010, NT GL, Alloy Bullbar, LED Internal Lights retrofit, UHF radio, "Special EGR Gasket". , LED Spotlights
                        Work in Progress.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X