Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 21-11-15

Default NT Bottle Jack

Been trying to get hold of a factory bottle Jack (or one that fits in the same recess) for my NT but have had no success at wreckers so far. Does anyone have any ideas when I might find one?
Old 11-12-15

Hey Mr Knackers,
I just went through the same exercise after buying my NT and found it didn't have one.
I had no luck with lots of wreckers, The dealer I bought the Paj off ended up getting me one genuine through MM dealer - nice and easy -
I just cant give you an idea of how much $$$
I also tried various auto shops to check if after market ones would fit but they were all too big (tall)
Go Genuine so everything fits nice and snug,
Good luck with it.
Steve
Old 12-12-15

Yeah, I've had the same experience at wreckers, none of them have it. Have also looked at heaps of aftermarket jacks and none of them fit.
I got a price from the dealer for the genuine one too, only catch was they wanted around $400+ for one.
Old 12-12-15
Valued Member

Re the "fit", it is important to make sure any replacement jack has the same lower & upper lift heights, as the Paj jack points are very low with a flat tyre & the rear needs to be lifted very high to get the new wheel on, hence the squat, triple stage jack supplied by MMAL.

I've not seen an aftermarket jack that can do this.

Re wreckers, you could try Eddy Wreckers (Ian) or Oriental Wreckers in Adelaide, although the freight may make it unviable.

Unsure if available from http://www.amayama.com/ but again freight may be an issue.
Old 12-12-15
Valued Member

Found this http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=25846&page=3
Old 13-12-15
Valued Member

I think the issue of failing jacks goes back a while.

There is a recommendation somewhere to buy and old Toyota mechanical jack. I got one off a Hilux. Found it on Gumtree at a reasonable price.

My only good news is that my original jack is still OK. I carry the Toyota jack at all times as a spare
2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, TJM suspension, TJM Gold shocks, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits
Old 13-12-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
I think the issue of failing jacks goes back a while.

There is a recommendation somewhere to buy and old Toyota mechanical jack. I got one off a Hilux. Found it on Gumtree at a reasonable price.

My only good news is that my original jack is still OK. I carry the Toyota jack at all times as a spare
That is the link I shared.
Old 14-12-15
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to justcruizin

Will the toyota jack fit into the MM jack holder????
08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Bridgestone 697s, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110
Old 15-12-15

I don't think it does. The space for the jack is quite small, and the genuine jack is only about 160mm high.
The other thing about fitting a different jack is that it needs to be able to be stored on its side. Most cheapie jacks leak when on their side, while better jacks like Masada can be stored and operate horizontal.

For me, I just want the genuine one that fits, or any other one that fits the space!
Old 15-12-15
Valued Member

Did yours fail or disappear?