• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosscoe59
    • Aug 2015
    • Oberon NSW

80 Series LC front strut spacers

Hi have read that 80 series LC front strut spacers fit the rear of an nm, how big would the spacers need to be to lift the rear by 2", apparently a 50ml spacer will lift the rear by more than 50ml, something to do with geometry "apparently" . Has anyone here got any experience using these spacers?? Thank for reading.
  • Ocean
    • May 2014
    • Blue mountains NSW

Had a 2" old man emu lift fitted, the front did not settle much, as was expected by the installers. Installers said come back and we will change the front if not happy. I did not want to loose the height in the front so added these http://bushskinz4x4.com.au/products/...egory=16661058 to the rear very happy likely on/over the limit for wheel alignment yet to be done. She is now level again. Much happier with the ride and look.

Others here have said the 80 series fit keep searching or wait for a reply
    Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• MatthewP
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • North of Brisbane

I stuck my head under the Pajero this morning and did a quick check with the tape measure and the rear spring looks to be around half way along the suspension arm.

So a 25mm spacer should give 50mm lift.
      But I have no actual experience with how much lift spring spacers give.

Matt
      05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• Betz
        • May 2012
        • 'stralia

I have them in, along with 2" lifted suspension, not sure how much they give but I am using 30mm ones and had to put in offset camber bushes to get wheel alignment
        2001 NM 2.8tdi GL, 5 spd Manual, MM Bullbar, Dual Batt, 400w Inverter, Boo's intercooler, sump and tranny guards, Dobinsons HD raised springs, Strut/Spring spacers, Bilstein shocks, Front Aussie Locker, 255/85x16 Cooper Discoverer S/T, much more to come....

Comment

• Hungie
          • Jan 2015
          • NSW Central Coast

I think you are confusing "strut spacers" and "coil spacers". Strut spacers are usually steel or aloy, whereas coil spacers are generally made from some type of urethane or hard rubber.

Front 80 series LC "Spring spacers" fit in the rear of Gen3 Pajeros, but not "strut spacers".

Strut spacers give usually double their size in lift, but coil spacers give the lift of their size.

So to summarise, 30mm 80 series LC front urethane coil spacers will fit in the rear of your Paj, and will give it 30mm more lift.

Hope that makes sense.
          03 NP Exceed 3.5 V6 petrol auto, 2 inch Lovells / Bilstein lift, 15mm poly spacer in rear, 8mm alloy strut spacer in front (total 3" lift) 16x8 Ballistic Jester alloys 0 offset, 33" (285/75/16) Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 2.5 exhaust with Advance extractors into high flow steel CAT and tri-flow muffler & resonator

Comment

• MatthewP
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2014
            • North of Brisbane

I can see how the coil spacers would give their height in lift on a normal solid diff, but with independent suspension the lift would be multiplied, just the same as a strut spacer.

Matt
            05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• Betz
              • May 2012
              • 'stralia

Pretty sure 30mm 80 series spacers gave about 40-45mm rear and 15mm triton strut spacers at the front about 35mm
              2001 NM 2.8tdi GL, 5 spd Manual, MM Bullbar, Dual Batt, 400w Inverter, Boo's intercooler, sump and tranny guards, Dobinsons HD raised springs, Strut/Spring spacers, Bilstein shocks, Front Aussie Locker, 255/85x16 Cooper Discoverer S/T, much more to come....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X