• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iamsam
    • Aug 2016
    • Nsw

Boost power question

Hi guys
    The question i have is my nf pajero seems to struggle to rev out past 3000 rpm not that im trying to flog it just been trying to work out why it loses boost between 2nd and 3rd where it feels like a massive drop in power if anyone has any opinions it would be greatly appreciated
  • TheBanana
    • Aug 2013
    • Brisbane QLD

Cause of how tiny the turbo is on these things the don't really do much after 3000-3500rpm anyway lol. Mines similar between 2nd and 3rd but I think it's just to do with the ratios being a little further apart than other gears. Since fitting a 2.5in dump pipe it's helped bring on boost earlier though which made a fair difference
    1983 NA SWB with a 4d56t, running 14psi through a custom water to air intercooler, 2.5in turbo back exhaust, Kinugawa adjustable wastegate, Boost and EGT gauges, Snorkel, Provent Catch Can, Manual Hub conversion, 40mm EFS lift, ARB Bullbar, Aluminium roof rack, awning, 31'' BF-G KO2's on 15x8 -23 steelies, Factory Flares, 41" light bar on the roof, lightforce strikers up front, and a set of much needed cup holders

Comment

• rthy
      • Mar 2015
      • Tullamarine

My old NG on 11psi use to rev slowly past 3500, 2-3500 was good.
      After the putting a 2.5" exhaust it would rev consistently to 5000 (not that I bothered going over 3500 anyways), however psi would drop to around 8 due to the turbo, but didn't bog down like the standard exhaust. Maybe a bigger turbo and diesel tune would have been beneficial but unfortunately sold the old girl before getting to that stage.
      Running stock except for the slight boost, 2.5" exhaust (dump back with 2.5" muffler) and 750r16 duelers on split rims
      Mitsubishi Pajero NP Exceed V78W (Daily)
      Mitsubishi Pajero NG TURBOWAGON L149G (Sold)

Comment

• cruisn06
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Perth WA

Just tossing this out. As i had a similar issue on my nf. Block the egr setup. They clog, dont close properly then the turbo doesnt see full exhaust flow.

What boost are you running? A blocked egr and 15psi make them boogie all right. Its not meant to be fast though. Nothing like new diesels.
        07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

• Iamsam
          • Aug 2016
          • Nsw

Sorry guys been busy thanks for the advise will try a few things and let ya know👍👍👍👍🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

Comment

• wazza87
            • Apr 2015
            • Gold Coast

Mate, the turbo back 2.5" made a huge difference for mine. Im looking at getting a bigger turbo though because they run out of real puff about 3000. Once the tiny turbo is moving that much air at even standard boost it will basically be a hair dryer. A front mount would help but i rekkon a td04-12G or td04-13T turbo would be a good upgrade if you are looking at better high rpm power. Im currently tossing up getting a mamba turbo td04-13t as an upgrade. Once i get a company car i'll probably rebuild the head and get a new turbo while im at it.
            -jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X