• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

So after the bats were complete, I got even busier

Got some foam (that's bloody exe) as I decided to make my own bed infill. Some material from spotlight and a few hours on the sewing machine and all should be good.

Then I got busy performing surgery and fitting the fridge.

Just need to box in the compressor and I should be all set for the inaugural shakedown trip in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Perth

Looking great. I bet you checked and quadruple checked before you got the grinder out haaha!
      SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
      NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

not that bad really. plonk the fridge in place, mark the outline then drill 4 holes at the corners. Go round to the front, join the dots then hack away....easy peasy.

crap pic (had no control over the sun casting user shadows) but the hole is filled now. Sika'd in place, will screw and seal the outside at some stage.

Also had to cut the shield on my 9kg lpg to fit the locker box. I must say, cutting a partially filled 9kg...not very wise

Shane.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• amr75wcr
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Sunny Coast

I guess there was no BOOM
          Seeing the ultimate caver trailer makes me want my Conqurer even more now
          Wayne
          04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
            I guess there was no BOOM
            well I'll fess up, there was a boom of sorts....

I had a slight hiccup with the battery install. I kept all the oem stuff so it can be set up as original if ever needed. As such I had to remove a cable lug. A good plan was to bang a small flat bladed screwdriver in there to force open the crimp. Some light taps did jack. A heavy lunge and the cable lug went sideways and the screwdriver buried into my finger. As you could imagine, I shook my hand in agony, only to have my face, shirt and trailer sprayed with blood. The paving looked like the texas chain saw massacre had just taken place.

A few days later when I washed my hands, my bush stitches (bandaid) slipped off. Only then did I notice both an entry and an exit wound, opposed width wise on my finger. Bloody hell, I punched the driver all the way through.....

So lucky I still have full movement and feeling in the finger.

Let my bad judgement be a lesson for those that like to tinker.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

And the ironic part of that....10 lugs cost me $7.00.

So for the sake of 70 cents, I very nearly suffered permanent injury.

What a tight arse I am sometimes

My Journeys

Comment

• amr75wcr
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2009
                • Sunny Coast

I bet you didn't say BOOM either more like
                and
                Wayne
                04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
                  I bet you didn't say BOOM either more like
                  and
                  Wayne

no it hurt too much, I just said the first bit

My Journeys

Comment

• pauld
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Melbourne

Ouch! Did similar years ago with an electrical terminal screwdriver through the palm of my hand, the part that hurt was pulling it out!

Is there a door that goes over that cavity on the inside of the camper? If so, is it going to be a problem for the fridge to have no ventilation?
                    2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

No, I had to remove the door to enable the fridge lid to open if the table was set up. I'm thinking I may put a removable grey vinyl cover over the hole to minimise the noise at night time??

Let you know how noisy it is in a couple of weeks.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dude
                        • Sep 2011
                        • Victoria Point

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                        And the ironic part of that....10 lugs cost me $7.00.

So for the sake of 70 cents, I very nearly suffered permanent injury.

What a tight arse I am sometimes
                        Yeh, but you saved 70 cents. Take the win

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                          Yeh, but you saved 70 cents. Take the win
                          Unfortunately I didn't

After doing my finger, I cut the bustard off. That's how I know they are 70c each now

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Unfortunately I didn't

After doing my finger, I cut the bustard off. That's how I know they are 70c each now
                            Haha, buggered finger and out of pocket. Double whammy.
                            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Got the stomper fitted today. Almost ready for the maiden voyage this weekend

My Journeys

Comment

• green monster
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2008
                                • Adelaide

i cant find the 'like' button,,, where is the 'like' button ?
                                NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X